View Full Version : Michel Proulx Competition?

rinsk
01-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Last year we seemed to have a good number of listers going. It's in Laval which still counts as Montreal area-ish. Who's competing (I'm going to have to remember to find applications this week)?

I'm probably doing Jr Sliver freestyle (should be funny!), gold solo dance and team elements.

Madame Saccoche
01-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Me...but you knew that anyway:lol:

.......but having you there will make for a good gold solo dance competition, am assuming the usual cast of characters will also be there too!

BTW, registration closes this week so if any of you out there haven't sent yours in hurry up!!!

Imo
01-27-2003, 09:12 PM
Me too... but you knew that as well! :D

Junior Bronze free, Gold Solo Dance and Junior Bronze+ Team

rinsk
01-28-2003, 02:56 AM
Madame Saccocche, are you joining our freestyle team? (come on, it'll be crazy...).

I still need to get you that other info. I got held up unexpectedly to do call tonight so haven't been home and have to wait for lab results before they let me sleep... (whine...).

Madame Saccoche
01-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Madame does not "do" axles or doubles (although she would be happy to drink a double) however Madame is at your service for team events. Have your people call Madame/s people.

Tell those silly lab people to get with the program and hurry up, you have skating to attend to!8O

rinsk
01-30-2003, 09:48 PM
Woohoo! I just sent in my forms...

Madame, don't worry about not DOing doubles, neither do I and I'm signed up for freestyle... Maybe the lot of us will be requiring doubles after this ordeal...

As for dance, may the one of coming closest to an actual $%#*&* choctaw on Blues come out on top (meanwhile, I am putting out a petition to officially change the pattern to read forward flat edge into backward flat edge with a manditory wobble... funny thing is I remember having a good solo when I had to solo the thing for test...).

Mrs Redboots
01-31-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by rinsk
As for dance, may the one of coming closest to an actual $%#*&* choctaw on Blues come out on top (meanwhile, I am putting out a petition to officially change the pattern to read forward flat edge into backward flat edge with a manditory wobble... funny thing is I remember having a good solo when I had to solo the thing for test...). :lol: :lol: :lol: That describes mine absolutely perfectly. Actually it is forward flat edge to two feet to backward flat edge with mandatory wobble....

dorvalskater1
01-31-2003, 07:03 PM
I'll be there too, no surprise...Jr Br free, Jr Silver solo dance and Jr Br team...sending in form Sund/Mond. Is it DUE Monday or post-marked Monday? I can walk it to the office if I have to...Imo and I did that the first year it was held (in Hole-in-the-wall Shawinigan/Grand-Mere). LOL:D

Madame Saccoche
02-02-2003, 03:59 PM
Post marked should be OK.

BTW, you could always do the Blues the way the Russians did it at the last Olympics....just do a mohawk, it worked for them!!

And speaking of the blues, saw BB King live last Sunday nite, wish we could skate to some of his stuff!!

rinsk
02-02-2003, 05:11 PM
Hmm... maybe we should make the number of feet on the ice on the exit of the blues choctaw optional, Mrs. redboots, and leave some room for creativity... I was very proud of my deep edge into flat into flat back edge and then wobble my way onto a decent back outside edge efforts from this morning. Too bad I somehow come to a total standstill on the next step (I'm not sure why, I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong but next thing I know I'm just kind of standing there with my leg sticking up in the air getting funny looks from the freeskaters on my session... I guess that leaves a little room for improvement).

The competition announcement says received by Monday. I'm not sure how picky they are (hopefully not too picky because I know a few people who just decided to sign up today and it would be nice to have a good showing for the adult events).

Mrs Redboots
02-03-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by rinsk:
Hmm... maybe we should make the number of feet on the ice on the exit of the blues choctaw optional, Mrs. redboots, and leave some room for creativity... I was very proud of my deep edge into flat into flat back edge and then wobble my way onto a decent back outside edge efforts from this morning. Too bad I somehow come to a total standstill on the next step (I'm not sure why, I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong but next thing I know I'm just kind of standing there with my leg sticking up in the air getting funny looks from the freeskaters on my session... I guess that leaves a little room for improvement).That next edge is a horror, because it is a back cross roll and comes right round to face forwards again. I don't think it's possible if you aren't properly on an edge after the choctaw (certainly I can't do it!), and you really do need to prebend and push to have any hope of succeeding. But then, if the Blues were easy, it wouldn't be a high-level dance, would it?

Madame Saccoche
02-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Mrs Redboots, I think what rinsk really, really wants here is a variation blues:lol:

Doubt the folks at the Qc federation are so organised that the first thing they did when they got in this am was open all the MP enveloppes, besides they need the cash! seriously, I've talked to them a few times and they seem really encouraging re adult skating so I don't think you need to worry.

rinsk
02-03-2003, 07:27 PM
I like Blues variations (especially ones not made up by psychopathic National-level competitors... who, by the way, likely has some interesting stories to tell about choreographing the Blues in my silver interp... "But I didn't mean to dislocate that... Not one else's arm ever did that when I taught them that lift..." Very interesting when your partner becomes suddenly scared to touch you a week before tests in case he breaks you).

Thornhill Fun Skate has a blues variation competition (of course I still have to do the regular pattern between variation patterns...).

Imo
02-03-2003, 10:46 PM
When dorvalskater and I brought in the forms (yes, we walked them in!) today, they were joking about "another Michel-Proulx form makes it in just before the deadline!" - not sure how picky they'll be, but I expect that they'll give a little leeway... :)