View Full Version : BC Pacific Skate

thumbyskates
01-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Just wondering if anyone from around British Columbia was heading up to Pacific Skate in Kamloops today?!

If you don't know what it is, its basically Non-Qualifying Provincials...for those of us who aren't quite as talented as the big superstars ;)

Anyways - wish me luck...maybe I'll a Provincial Champion when I return!!

~thumbyskates

RizzleRed
01-23-2003, 05:03 PM
I didn't even know about it -- not that I could have gone anyway ;)

Good Luck - have a great skate (or 2).

Who else from around Vancouver is going. . . What levels do they have?
I'll check out the Skating in BC site and see if there's any info there.

thumbyskates
01-27-2003, 12:49 PM
There was a lot of people from Vancouver-ish area going. The Coast Region didn't pretty good...the judging was crap, though. No one really knew what they were doing and it was really sucked, because the marks were never consistent.

I ended up coming 7th in Interpretive, out of 17. I'm happy with my skate, but my ordinals were all over the place...I had a 3rd place, and a 12th place. Oh well. It was a great experience!!!

~thumbyskates

Mrs Redboots
01-28-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by thumbyskates
There was a lot of people from Vancouver-ish area going. The Coast Region didn't pretty good...the judging was crap, though. No one really knew what they were doing and it was really sucked, because the marks were never consistent. It happens, especially in Interpretive, because that discipline so depends on what the judges happen to like. At the Mountain Cup, the judges are often from different countries, and sometimes one judge has loved an Interpretive programme while another has totally not seen the point of it at all! And, as you say, the marks end up all over the place.I ended up coming 7th in Interpretive, out of 17. I'm happy with my skate, but my ordinals were all over the place...I had a 3rd place, and a 12th place. Oh well. It was a great experience!!! Just so you had fun; that's what really matters.