View Full Version : Ice Dance Music - Different music in different regions????

garyc254
06-06-2002, 02:25 PM
One coach says that ice dance test music is the same all over the U.S.

Another coach says each region has different test music.

Here's a sample of the "official" bronze level music used in St. Louis.

CHA-CHA
What a Feeling
Summer Place
Sweet & Gentle

FIESTA TANGO
Adios Muchachos
La Paloma
Blue Tango

Do you use the same test music in your region?

If not, I'd love to swap a CD with you.

jenlyon60
06-06-2002, 09:42 PM
For Cha-Cha, we usually use a song "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" or at least that's the key words from it (at the end of each verse). I don't know if it has a different title... if you get the BBC America channel, it's the same song as the theme from "Coupling", only at a slower tempo.

For Fiesta I think we usually use one of the Silver Tango songs (as I recall, Fiesta and Silver Tangos are the same tempo).

If you check out the icedancers group on YahooGroups, there is a guy there who has put together several collections of tunes for ice dance, all timed to the correct tempi.

--jsl from NoVa

Mrs Redboots
06-07-2002, 12:31 PM
[quote:41211a4f10="garyc254"]
Here's a sample of the "official" bronze level music used in St. Louis.

FIESTA TANGO
Adios Muchachos
La Paloma
Blue Tango

Do you use the same test music in your region?

If not, I'd love to swap a CD with you.[/quote:41211a4f10]

Here in the UK we skate the Fiesta Tango to the official ISU Tango music. We also skate the Dutch, British and Willow waltzes to the official ISU European Waltz music, the Rhythm Blues to the ISU Blues music, the Novice Foxtrot to the ISU Foxtrot music, the Golden Skaters' Waltz to the ISU Westminster Waltz music and the Swing Dance to the ISU Rocker Foxtrot music.

The Cha-cha isn't one of our test dances - in fact, it has only recently come into use here as a recreational dance, and when I was learning it for an international competition, I learnt it to the Cha-cha Congelado music. Which would have been all right, but when it came to the competition, the piece of music I was given to skate it to didn't even sound like a Cha-cha, and had no discernible beat to it at all..... :(