View Full Version : My new Skates!

DancinDiva
01-20-2003, 08:13 PM
I just got a new pair of skates this week! My first real ice skates. And I was told that I got a really good deal, though being new to skating I wouldn't know a good deal if it skated up and did a triple axel in front of my face! So I thought I'd let you all be the judges. These skates are brand new, never been worn. The only writing on them is on the tongue, it says "Celebrity." One of the coaches at my rink told me it was a branch of Don Jackson skates. Like that would mean anything to me anyway! The blades, which were already attached, are MK Club 2000. And do you want to know what I paid for these? $50.00. My instructor, and also another lady who coaches, both told me that I got an incredible deal on these skates. What do you think? Are they good skates? Does anyone else have these, or maybe has used them in the past?

dbny
01-20-2003, 08:19 PM
I don't know the boot at all, but the blade is a good one to begin with, although you might be outskating it fairly soon. I think the blade alone is about $50. I saw your Great/Gruesome post and have to tell you that an adult who can manage F crossovers as quickly as you have, is way ahead of most. I think your dancing is paying off on the ice. It's great to hear that you're enjoying it so much.

garyc254
01-20-2003, 11:05 PM
I've got Club 2000's and am thoroughly enjoying skating on them. And, as my coach told me, they will last me for many years.