View Full Version : Would you rather......?

Mrs Redboots
01-18-2003, 08:48 AM
Having skated really badly yesterday, and then feeling grumpy as this board was down for a bit and there was nowhere to moan about it (okay, so I'm a baby, you don't have to tell me!), I got to wondering which was worse: to skate badly and know it, or to skate badly and be blithely unaware of how awful you look!

What do you all think?

melanieuk
01-18-2003, 09:47 AM
I answered that I would rather be unaware of how I look on the ice.
The opposite is actually true though, in that I do have an idea of what I look like on the ice, and cannot (always) make corrections.
I think it would be easier not to know! :??

jpeach
01-18-2003, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't want to know. I picture myself doing most things gracefully. Then I catch a glimpse in the mirror and think "do NOT do that again!" lol.

TashaKat
01-20-2003, 02:31 AM
DEFINITELY want to know! Which is why I'm so miz about skating at the mo because I don't have a coach to correct me :( ...... but that's just the way I am, although I 'enjoy' skating I also want to do it as well as I am physically (and mentally ;) ) able.

Chico
01-20-2003, 11:10 PM
Want to know the truth. I want my coach to give me the facts, but saying things in a positive way would be nice. When your trying like crazy you don't want to hear just negatives.

Chico

tidesong
01-20-2003, 11:34 PM
I want to know if I skate badly... that is why I brought a video cam to video myself ... it is also a pretty good source of motivation :)

Aussie Willy
01-21-2003, 02:27 AM
Depends who is watching. Of course feedback from the coach is important and that is the main person I take advice from. But there are some people who I would rather not have comment on what I am doing for the simple fact they are critical rather than offer some practical solutions to help fix the problem. Plus I don't take it all so seriously that I really care - I am not going to the Olympics! I just want to have fun with it.