View Full Version : 2 Loop

KwanRainbow
01-16-2003, 08:46 AM
Will someone please give me some help with 2 loop.
it used to be my second most consistent jump when I first got it and now it has gone wierd, I keep falling.

I will do a great one then ten crap ones..

Anyone got any tips. My wieght keeps falling out the circle and my jump leans . . .

Thankyou x

Black Sheep
01-16-2003, 11:39 AM
I can do this sometimes, too--although I'm not quite consistent yet.

A trick I find often helps is what I call the "barber pole": I wrap my right leg around my left into a nifty backspin position the microsecond I take off.

(I'm actually an "opposite" skater--you'll just have top convert this into you direction.)

melanieuk
01-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Joy, you know I can't do double loops, but everyone has things they could do last week and not the next.
It's amazing how if we change tiny, little things or forget to do one thing, we can lose the jump/spin/move without a clue why.

What way are you leaning? To your left or right?
Are you falling inside the circle or out? If you're falling out maybe you are throwing your left shoulder around before you jump up straight?
Are you leaning before you take off? Keep a strong check before you lift off. Maybe you are jumping around too soon, before you have snapped into backspin position.

Are your shoulders straight/square with your hips in the air?
Are you dropping your landing shoulder?

I don't have any technical advice (I'd need to see the jump!) but I have a tip....changing the entry sometimes helps.

Have you tried it doing single loop - double loop recently?
AND go back to the single loop - and then the single loop-loop combination.
Do 10 high, well-landed single loop-loops then try the 1loop-2loop after you are satisfied with the singles.
Let me know if it works???
:roll: :lol: