View Full Version : Competition with Adult Category

Arsenette
01-11-2003, 12:40 AM
Some of you already know who I am. I was originally from FSW then ran here when Adrian opened the door for us. I missed Rinkside (I lurk more than post) but I have noticed how many Adult skaters are here!! :P I have yet to skate myself (competitively) until I'm better healthwise to do it. :cry: Don't know if that will ever happen but I'll live vicariously through you guys ;)

Most of you know about us so I thought you might be interested that we are just about to put the application online for our competition. It's our second annual event (had to cancel last year due to lack of judges) for our both our Puerto Rican Nationals and the bigger event (by far!!) the PRFSF Open. It's a USFSA Non-qualifying event to be held the weekend before Adult Nationals. Not sure if you would be interested but here is the information.

2003 PRFSF Open Figure Skating Championships (http://www.prfsf.org/2003PRFSFOpen.htm)
Saturday, April 5 and Sunday, April 6, 2003
South Mountain Arena
560 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey
Hosted by the Puerto Rican Figure Skating Federation
In cooperation with Essex Skating Club of New Jersey, Inc.

It's Open to all (USFSA) skaters
All disciplines (Singles Freestyle, Pairs, Dance) and Artistic Programs
Pre-Preliminary through Senior - USFSA Level
Adult Events - (Pre-Bronze through Gold - USFSA Level)

I'm really hoping for a big event - our first one was so small because they all thought that you had to be Puerto Rican to be in the Open.. I'm hoping it's more clear this year that anyone can enter the PRFSF Open - it's Nationals that has the restrictions (noted on the page - feel free to check if you qualify ;) ). I really hope more for a bigger Adult showing. I'll be announcing so I can actually watch the competition (perks when I make up who does what since I'm Pres. :twisted: ). I'm excited.. I'm hoping to maybe see you guys there either competiting or watching.. I'd love some reviews and pics from the competition if anyone is just watching. How many of you think you might make it?

Figureskates
01-11-2003, 01:31 AM
South Mountain Arena is where I learned to figure skate many, many years ago when I was growing up in Short Hills...

Arsenette
01-12-2003, 02:03 PM
That place has a LOT of history.. just about every person I've talked to said the same thing. The club doesn't have many skaters these days.. This competition (for us at least) will probably be the last in the states.. our rink in Puerto Rico opens up this summer and we hope to host both Nationals (of course) and the PRFSF Open there on the Island for years to come ;)

Arsenette
01-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Application is going to be posted tonight - I'm uploading all of the information before midnight. ;) Please spread the word about this competition! Thanks! 8-) :D

Yazmeen
01-23-2003, 09:38 AM
Since that's drivable for our skaters, I'll let them know at our next meeting. I'm not ready for my pre-bronze tests yet, but maybe next year!!!

Thanks,

Beth

Arsenette
02-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Taking Blue111Moon's suggestion:

Just a reminder that the postmark deadline for the PRFSF Competitions is Monday, March 3. Announcement and forms are still available online

Again they include Adult events and might be a nice warm-up for Adult Nationals which will be the following week.