View Full Version : HELP! Last minute test session around Chicago?

manleywoman
01-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Hey all, I was supposed to take a test here in Chicago today, but they cancelled it at the last minute! Is there anywhere within driving distance of Chicago having a test session before the Adult Nationals January 15th deadline? I'd really like to etst up if I can. Thanks!:D

Elsy2
01-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Don Korte's site shows one in Cleveland on the 13th....I suggest to call your test chair and see if she'll look for you. She may be able to e-mail other test chairs, or call a local judge who may know more about what's available in your area.

Black Sheep
01-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by manleywoman
Hey all, I was supposed to take a test here in Chicago today, but they cancelled it at the last minute! Is there anywhere within driving distance of Chicago having a test session before the Adult Nationals January 15th deadline? I'd really like to etst up if I can. Thanks!:D

So, what Chicago-area club have you joined/will you join. I'm from Windy City FSC myself. :)

sk8er1964
01-11-2003, 05:20 PM
I didn't see it on Skatestuff just now, but I could have sworn that Ann Arbor was having one on the 15th. I thought I saw it on Skatestuff before. :?? Try emailing their test chair (you can get to their website through USFSA.com).

Good luck!

manleywoman
01-11-2003, 06:47 PM
No, unfortunately. I called Ann Arbor and they aren't having one til late January. I did find one in Cleveland though (6 hour drive...ugh) on the 15th, so I'm considering that one. There was an exhibit I wanted to see in Cleveland anyway, so why not make a trip out of it!

Dpgsk8: I'm going to stay with my current club for the rest of the membership (until July?), and then switch. Since I'm new to the skating community here, I'm going to take my time figuring out which club to join.