View Full Version : North American Adult Invitational

Hannahclear
01-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Anyone here going? It's in Wyandotte MI, first weekend in March. I am skating in the young adult bronze level division.

Michigansk8er
01-09-2003, 05:18 PM
I'll be there in Silver III

Black Sheep
01-09-2003, 06:14 PM
I'm doing:

1. Championship Adult Gold Ladies, because this event is also Adult Midwestern Sectionals!

2. Masters Interp Ladies I (if my show rehearsals from back home don't conflict....).

;)

sk8er1964
01-09-2003, 06:56 PM
I be there too - Championship Gold Ladies (for sectionals) and the open Gold Ladies II. :D

We should all try to get together or something:!:

singerskates
01-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Hi I was going to try Bronze 2 but since so far, my spins aren't doing what I want them to do, I'm once again doing prebronze FS. I won it last year but the field was pretty weak. This time I have more content. It is the first competition of the year for me. Maybe by the time Ann Arbor Spring Skate comes along, I'll have my spins going the way I want them. I'm going to try my hand at at Adult Bronze Interpretive class 2 if there is one. I have to get my stuff in the mail. I would definately like to meet for lunch or dinner.

By the way, I still have the poster the kids from the Wyandotte club made for me which reads "Sk8 Great .... Go for the Gold" but then I was skating for Windsor FSC. This time I'm skating for Riverside Skating Club.

A matter a fact, there's this Provincial competition thing which my club tried to get me to enter which is on this month. No way, am I competing before I'm ready. Gees, I just got back into actually really trying to skate after having the surgery back in October. I'm still not strong enough to do a proper spiral but it's getting closer. Just another inch to go.

Brigitte

Hannahclear
01-09-2003, 09:17 PM
My spins aren't the best too, what sort can I expect at Bronze (young adult level)? I dont have any combos yet, but I'm working hard and I have good jumps and moves to make up the difference (hopefully).

vesperholly
01-10-2003, 09:21 AM
I wish I could go this year. I went in 2000 in Young Adult Silver Ladies and Bronze Solo Dance and had a blast. I'm going to Eastern Sectionals this year (non-qualifying) but in Young Adult Bronze Ladies and Silver Solo Dance! :-) NAAO is a great competition, have fun!

Jocelyn

Michigansk8er
01-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Good jumps and moves will definitely make up for weak spins, from what I've seen. I tend to have better spins, but it generally gets me nowhere.

It would be fun to rendezvous at some point.

KJD
01-10-2003, 11:51 AM
I will also be there - I think. I'll be doing open Gold ladies II and maybe interpretive if I can get a program together in time.