View Full Version : new photos of me skating

kayskate
01-06-2003, 01:24 PM
I have uploaded a new set of skating photos to my web site. There are
several spin positions, flying camel, dance skills, and gliding moves. I had a cold when these were taken, so I was not at my best, but some of the photos are interesting.
http://www.skatejournal.com/gallery.html

Kay

Black Sheep
01-06-2003, 05:19 PM
You look fantastic! :D

MissIndigo
01-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Those are wonderful pictures. I viewed them earlier today--they inspired me to go out and try a backward attitude spin since I do a forward one so well! I need to get my free leg higher, but attempting the back attitude helped my plain jane backspin tremendously. I ended up in a neat position, with my free leg wrapped behind the knee of my skating leg.

Your kitties are beautiful, too! I have two fur babies of my own, and they rank pretty high up there on the spoiled scale! :lol:

kayskate
01-07-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by MissIndigo
try a backward attitude spin since I do a forward one so well! I need to get my free leg higher, but attempting the back attitude helped my plain jane backspin tremendously.

Do you find a back attitude spin difficult? For me, it is hard to stay off my toe pick. I can get about 3-4 revs.

Glad you like the cats. They are my little angels.

Kay

MissIndigo
01-07-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by kayskate
Do you find a back attitude spin difficult? For me, it is hard to stay off my toe pick. I can get about 3-4 revs.

Yes, I do find the spin difficult, but I like its challenge. Rising onto the toepick was the very reason I was tenuously lifting my leg, and thus didn't get it up very high when I tried it. I entered the spin as if I were going to do a regular backspin (free leg in front) and then tried to sweep the free leg to the back to get into position. I'm not quite proficient enough yet with the plain backspin (but getting there >75% of the time!) to try to sweep into position immediately, but I definitely think the back attitude is a skill worth learning. It is an elegant spin you don't see very many people do. My goal is to do a well controlled, forward/back attitude combo spin.

icenut84
01-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Those pictures are great :) I've never had a picture taken of me skating, but yours look really good! You've got a very good spiral too, by the looks of it :D

melanieuk
01-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Your cats are lovely. Oh they have little bunk beds!! :D
The pics are good too! ;)

sk8er1964
01-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Kay - I've never taken the chance to tell you how much I enjoy your website :D . Your new pictures are great!

IceAngel725
01-08-2003, 04:45 PM
like sk8er1964, i don't think i've ever told you how cool i think your website is! Wow, your sit spin is awesome! (not that everything else wasn't... lol)

wannask8
01-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah . . . I can get lost in there for hours!

-- wannask8