View Full Version : Hello

Wind
06-02-2002, 08:33 PM
Hello
I'm new to the internet board thing but it looks like it may be a good way to keep up on what is happening with young skaters. Since I can't make it to many of the competitions that are far from home I hope that this may be a good place to get some feedback on events. It looks like non-televised comp. is the area I will be checking out the most.

TashaKat
06-04-2002, 03:19 PM
Hi and welcome :)

There are a lot of new people here (refugee's from Iskater's FSW message boards) and a lot of adult skaters.

This board is mainly about our own skating experiences rather than competition results etc but we'd love to hear from you .... why not be a SKATING dad instead of a skating dad then YOU can join in the fun too? PLUS we need more male skaters :D

L x

flippet
06-04-2002, 05:10 PM
Welcome! Glad you found us. :)

Like Tasha mentioned, this section of the board is often full of adult skaters and issues, but don't despair! ;) There are also a number of skating parents and a number of young skaters at all levels, from beginner to elite, that post or at least lurk. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post! Someone is sure to chime in or help you out. We've (at the old Rinkside at the now-ghost-town F$W) had a number of conversations about skating levels, what kids are doing at what levels, what elements a child at a certain level in a certain region needs to be competitive, equipment issues, etc. There's sure to be something here that will interest you, and if there isn't....start something! :D Even those of us who don't have anything to add will read, and it's always an enjoyable learning experience.

So dive on in, and enjoy! :)

db
06-06-2002, 03:59 PM
I'm both a skater and a skater's parent. MY fifteen year old daughter has been skating for five years, and my eighteen year old skated for one year and has just now started again. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions for a parent.