View Full Version : Who's going to Adult Nationals

sk8er1964
12-30-2002, 07:33 PM
Ok - I just finished my entry forms. Who else is going?

I know Dani is Bronze :D, but what age/events? I know there are others who are going, but I can't remember the details.

I'm skating in Adult Gold (ladies) age level II - straight freestyle, no interpretive. I've never skated in an adult comp, and have never seen the interpretive events. I hear that they're something else!

I hope that I can meet some of you there - I live near Ann Arbor and plan to take vacation time and volunteer to help - it's not my club but I know a lot of the members there. They're really nice people (if my coach taught there I'd have joined A2 instead).

Elsy2
12-30-2002, 09:22 PM
Alas, my big goal last year was to compete at AN, and I passed my Bronze test in December 2001 and was ready to go. Had to withdraw, sigh.....Here I am injured again, and afraid I'll have to let this year go by as well. But....I will be there probably Thursday, Friday, Saturday to cheer for all of you. And I have a huge assortment of daughter's old Beanie Babies to throw!
:lol:

flutzilla1
12-30-2002, 09:27 PM
...to get my entry form in soon (already sent my practice ice form in!).

I am entering the Bronze I ladies FS and the Adult Interp I events.

I'm really looking forward to my first AN! :)

jazzpants
12-31-2002, 01:15 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I really wanted to go this year... but my skating is just not ready! I've been through a few close calls, but not close enough for me to pass the Bronze FS before the Sept deadline. I'm now struggling along with the Bronze Moves. I know that it's good for me and all and I enjoy working on moves... but they can be quite frustrating at times! :x

Wish me luck for NEXT year!

Clarice
12-31-2002, 07:40 AM
I intend to go! I haven't filled my forms out yet, though. I'll be doing Adult Silver II and Adult Interp. This is a first time for me, though the friends I'll be going with (pairs skaters) have gone every year. I'm in the Midwest, so Ann Arbor is too close to pass up! I don't imagine I'll place terribly well, but that's not the point. I would've done okay at Bronze, but I passed my Silver test this summer so I could get it done ahead of the Moves deadline. Not trying to avoid Moves - I've been testing standard track all along - but I wanted to skip the Silver Moves and go straight to the Gold ones. Anyway, without an axel I won't be much of a factor at Silver, but just being there will be so much fun!

dani
12-31-2002, 08:28 AM
Since I can't find a dance partner (hint, hint!) I am skating Bronze II FS. I don't have an interp ready, so I didn't end up entering that. I am going to go all out for my bronze event, and I hope I skate well!

I will probably be the youngest in my event since my birthday is Jan 11!

Hugs!!

Danielle

ps) We are going to have a rinksiders get together, right??

Black Sheep
12-31-2002, 10:09 AM
Okay, okay. I know I haven't been the best member of this or the FSW boards, but I'll confess I'm competing @ AN '03, too. My goals are mainly to place higher than last/near last, and to have people treat me a lot nicer than they did last year. I hope that people (in general) will drop any grudges they've been holding against me and give me a chance to show just how much I've matured as a skater and a person! Plus:

1. My axel is darn near perfect.
2. My doubles have greatly improved (and will be even better once my blades get a decent sharpening!).
3. I'm a lot faster!
4. I've got a new Interp. routine that's gonna kick butt!

Whaddaya say? Friends? :lol:

sk8er1964
12-31-2002, 10:16 AM
This is my first AN...

dpgsk8 - you probably won't answer this, but what on earth happened last year?

Black Sheep
12-31-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by sk8er1964
This is my first AN...

dpgsk8 - you probably won't answer this, but what on earth happened last year?

I'll send you a PM.....

mikawendy
12-31-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by dani
Since I can't find a dance partner (hint, hint!)...

Hee, hee, Dani--maybe you can rope garyc into taking up ice dancing?

But seriously, good luck to you and everyone else! I wish my extended family still lived in Royal Oak so that I'd have an excuse to go just to watch :D

dani
12-31-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by mikawendy

But seriously, good luck to you and everyone else! I wish my extended family still lived in Royal Oak so that I'd have an excuse to go just to watch :D

I think he has tried a few!! Unfortunately, that is just a little too far to go ;-)

This is my first nationals, I can't wait! ;-)

Hugs!
Danielle

Blue Line
01-02-2003, 08:34 AM
This Ann Arborite will definitely be in attendance at Adult Nationals -- watching, not skating (a few more years 'til I'm old enough).

Consider me the unofficial skatingforums cheerleader! :D

Mel On Ice
01-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by mikawendy

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Gary wants to be a member of Sapphire Ice... right... buddy?

Wish I could be there, but I also wish AN would stop landing on the same weekend as the ISI Synchro Championships.

PattyP
01-02-2003, 12:54 PM
I will be going again this year, it will be my 5th AN! I will be competing in Silver II FS and Interp II. I have a great time every year and I'm really looking forward to this year!

I'm hoping to do well as this may be my last year at Silver...that is if I pass my Gold tests this summer.

PattyP

Figureskates
01-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Not this year, but next year for sure...

Goal is to qualify for Jurassic Bronze...another expression for Bronze IV!!!!

icesk8er31
01-02-2003, 03:04 PM
We have a couple of ladies going to AN this year. One of them has been asked to be a vendor there as well. She makes GORGEOUS custom dresses for adult skaters. I always watch her skate and am envious of both her skills AND her clothes.

sk8er1964
01-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Figureskates
Goal is to qualify for Jurassic Bronze...another expression for Bronze IV!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jazzshoes
01-02-2003, 06:17 PM
icesk8er31---Can you tell us who the vendor is and whether she has a website? T.Y.

manleywoman
01-02-2003, 08:16 PM
I'm going! Hoping to pass the Novice Free next week and skate Junior at ANs, but if not I'm happy to stay in Novice!

kar5162
01-03-2003, 08:26 AM
Not going. :( Being an accountant, there just wasn't time to pass the freestyle tests before the deadline, though I did pass the moves. Plus, early April is not exactly a good time for me to to go away for several days. :roll: I do plan to go next year though...probably Silver (I).

icesk8er31
01-03-2003, 02:29 PM
JazzShoes,

Her name is Donna and her website isn't up and running yet. If you are interested in seeing some of her work, PM me and I'll send you her email address. She can send you photos.

Her stuff really is incredible. We probably have the best dressed adult skaters in the country as a result of having her at our rink. She's also a good skater, so please, everyone cheer her on in her events since I won't be there to do it.

All the best!

Icesk8er31

KJD
01-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Not sure at this point, but probably not. It would require passing both Gold MIF and FS in one test session this Sunday after being off for 10 days over Christmas. As of this morning, I'd say the moves are ready but the stamina and timing for the FS are probably not.

sk8er1964
01-03-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by KJD
Not sure at this point, but probably not. It would require passing both Gold MIF and FS in one test session this Sunday after being off for 10 days over Christmas. As of this morning, I'd say the moves are ready but the stamina and timing for the FS are probably not.

Please think positive, KJD! I know those tests are tough, but you can do it :D !!! Let us know what happens...

Good luck Manleywoman on your tests too.

Stormy
01-03-2003, 07:56 PM
One more year till I'm old enough! When I turn 25 in August I will have to take ALL the tests to compete in Gold in the 04 Nats by next Jan. 15th! Yipes!

GOOD LUCK to everyone competing in Adult Nats this year! :)

flo
01-06-2003, 09:01 AM
It will be my 9th trip to Nationals. I'm planing on competing in adult intrpretive. I just got back from a week's vacation, so won't have the time I usually spend at Nationals.

flutzilla1
01-06-2003, 10:15 AM
...I am about to send my forms in, but part of it is kind of confusing. Do we mail a copy of our proof of age (birth certificate or passport) in with the forms, then bring the original to show at the competition?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me navigate the AN Proof of Age maze! ;)

Michigansk8er
01-06-2003, 11:41 AM
I'm planning to be there. This will be my 3rd time. Silver III this year, if I skate. It depends on how things go with my back. I get to start jumping a bit today, so we shall see. If it ends up that I can't skate, I'll still be there to watch. Lucky me, I'm close enough to commute. :)

Raine
01-07-2003, 08:46 AM
I just registered for my first Nationals, and although I watched a few events at Lake Placid '00 and Marlborough '01, I have no idea what it will be like to actually participate. I did a few ISI comps back in the '80's, but somehow the USFSA comps seem more 'big-time'. In my practices, I've been surprised at how difficult it is to perform a program with all the intended elements in it!

I'll probably have a few questions for the seasoned competitors on this board. BTW I'll be in Bronze III.

Best of luck to everyone in their preparations.

(I rarely post here, but was an occasional poster on the old FSW on iskater.com.)

Cheers,
Raine