View Full Version : Justine's Angels: PM's will be coming

Yazmeen
12-27-2002, 08:06 PM
Sorry to be so late in getting PM's to all of you who gave so generously, but the holidays ended a bit bumpily. Today, at around 4:45, our 18 year old cat Chablis, "crossed the bridge" peacefully will a little help from the Vet he loved a lot.

The last couple of days were very rough, with getting back to work and having to make the hard decision to let the kitty go. I will get all PM's out this weekend.

Thanks again for all the support and the good wishes for our kitty. Having no kids, he was my "best baby" and as much as I hurt, I'm glad he's at peace now.

Hugs,

Beth

dbny
12-27-2002, 08:43 PM
My sincere condolences on the loss of your fur baby.

Spinner
12-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Awww, Beth I'm so sorry. I'm giving my Max the Wonder Pup an extra hug for you tonight.

DRENDAVN
12-27-2002, 09:24 PM
Beth, I'm so sorry you lost your friend. I have one of my own who was a stray and turned out to be the best kitty you could imagine.

As sad as it is it's a blessing our little friends aren't forced to hang around suffer when their time has come. Rest assured you did the right thing and he'd thank you if he could. He had a long and wonderful life with people who cared about him.

Take all the time you need.

Dave D.

MissIndigo
12-27-2002, 10:36 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am so sorry Beth. I know how hard it is to lose a kitty...my beloved Priscilla passed away almost two years ago. She had cancer...we knew letting her cross the bridge was the most loving thing we could do, but it didn't make it any easier and I didn't cry any less. She had just turned 19.

Having a cat was so much a part of me though that I was soon ready to open my heart to another kitty...later in the year I opened my heart to two! The best way I could have honored Priss was to give other kitties a loving home.

I will give Target and Zoe an extra hug in honor of Chablis tonight, and give one for you, too.

I am sure Chablis left many sweet pawprints on your heart and wrapped his tail around it, and will never leave.

Figureskates
12-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Beth, I can really sympathize with your loss.

When my parents were married in 1940, they were given a gray kitten which my Dad named "butch".

When I was born in 1946, Butch adopted me and spent his nights, sleeping at the foot of the bed. This continued until my senior year in high school when he died peacefully one night early in January of 1964...He was a month shy of being 24 years old.....it was like losing a brother...

melanieuk
12-28-2002, 05:59 AM
I also know the feeling of losing a beloved pet. Two of my cats have died in the last 5 years.
RIP

skaternum
12-28-2002, 02:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Chablis' passing. :cry: Be comforted by knowing you have him a good, loving home for so long.

garyc254
12-28-2002, 03:30 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the news, Beth. :(

At least Chablis went peacefully.

jazzpants
12-28-2002, 04:44 PM
I'm so sorry, Beth!!! My condolences to you! I had a long time pet that was dear to my heart, so I know exactly what you're going through. Take comfort in knowing that Chablis is no longer in pain and is happily leaving pawprints in Heaven...

sk8er1964
12-29-2002, 05:40 PM
So sorry to hear about the loss of Chablis, Beth.

I have lost two cats and one dog since the start of my adult life - Big Fella on Christmas Eve of 1998, and Ambrosia on Valentines Day of this year. We buried them in the woods on our property behind our house where lillies of the valley bloom profusely each spring. I never knew they were there until the spring after Big Fella died when I went out to check on his grave. They are so beautiful, I consider them a gift from Fella. My son, who is 7, doesn't really remember Big Fella, but he did make a wooden cross all by himself for Ambrosia. Bandit, a beagle, slipped his collar one winter day on a rabbit and never came back. He was about 15 years old then (don't know for sure - he was a Humane Society dog).

Please, when you are over your grief consider opening your home and heart to an unwanted pet. We are great believers in the Humane Society - we have had four wonderful pets from there, including Jane, a cat that we got several months after we lost Ambrosia.

Yazmeen
12-29-2002, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all the kind words and your wonderful pet stories, everyone. We already plan to visit the Bucks County SPCA in February and bring a new brother home for Lucy. My husband and I each have some business travel in January, so we want to wait until things calm down and we have time to spend with the new cat and to help Lucy get used to him.

Chablis will be missed, just as his older sister, Software, is. We opened our hearts up to Lucy (so named because she has big Lucille Ball eyes, is a red tabby, and has the major attitude of Lucy Van Pelt from "Peanuts"), and we know we can open our hearts up a little further to bring home another shelter poose.

Thanks again,

Beth