View Full Version : Merry Christmas, Angels--from Justine!!!

Yazmeen
12-24-2002, 05:53 PM
Her exacts words, when it dawned on her that she was getting new blades were:

Oh, WOW!!!!!! (And then, Thank you!!!!)

It was a quiet and gentle presentation. Mom (God love her) was still working, and Dad was asleep. This isn't an easy Christmas for the kids or Mom, as Dad is hurt, frightened and very angry about his condition--understandable. We gave Joseph a big stuffed bear--he's 11, he tried to be oh so totally cool and detached about it, but he clutched that bear tight. A little something from Bath and Body Works and a scented candle was slipped under the tree for Mom (I did this--the tub is my refuge when I'm really worn out). Dinner was left for Mom to just slip in the oven. My husband was one silly but heartfelt Santa (with a velvet pillow made by my Mom about 40 years ago under his shirt!!!), and while it was subdued, we could tell the kids really appreciated it.

It turns out, we have an "Ice Time Angel" for them--I can't divulge more than that. Extra funds will go to help them further with their skating, such as purchasing their Skating Stars ISI team warmup jackets, long overdue. Justine already competes ISI, and her brother is soon to follow.

All of you who helped, and everyone here--You helped make a very tough Christmas special for two wonderful skaters and gave their Mom a great deal of hope. You certainly gave Don and I a wonderful Christmas on a slightly rough day (our kitty, Chablis, is not likely to come home from the hospital--he's 18 years old, we really can't complain, we will see what happens). We send our love and thanks, from us and our little kitty, Lucy, who posed rather "pissilly" for a quick photo with "Santa Daddy" while we had the costume!!!

Many, many blessings to you all. Spinner and Adrien, thank you for allowing us to use your wonderful board for this effort. And special thanks to Gary, whose wonderful suggestion for new blades led to something so special.l

Have yourselves (and yours) a Merry Little Christmas, everyone. And may your God smile down on you for your generosity.

Peace, and of course, hugs,

Beth

Yazmeen
12-24-2002, 05:55 PM
Oh, PM's to all contributors will be coming in the next few days. I'm a little worn out, I'm doing them a few at a time!!!

Thanks,

Beth

garyc254
12-25-2002, 08:18 PM
Together we lit one little candle.

Well done, Beth!!

melanieuk
12-26-2002, 11:44 AM
Lovely. :D

flo
12-26-2002, 11:47 AM
:D
Beth, I'll be happy to send you an angel - my treat . I'll try to get to it before I leave for Ireland, and if not when I return.
Best thoughts for kitty.

Yazmeen
12-26-2002, 01:10 PM
Thanks, flo. Have a lovely time in Ireland!!!