View Full Version : Spanish/Tango Music!!!

love2sk8
12-23-2002, 01:21 PM
I've been looking for a new short program for the next year, and I can't find a really good piece. I'm going Junior next year, and I'd like to find something either spanish, tango, flamenco, or paso doble...if anyone knows of anything that has good rhythem, and would be fun to skate to, I'd love to hear suggestions! Thanks!:D

LoopLoop
12-23-2002, 02:08 PM
See if you can find Gershwin's "Mexican Dance." It has a lot of flair and personality.

dbny
12-23-2002, 10:51 PM
Anything by Pablo de Sarasate.

sk8ing is lyfe
01-04-2003, 08:56 PM
El tango du Roxanne from Moulin Rouge is good....

I think u should go for a Paso Doble feel over a tango... it is sharper... and has more room for musical interpretation. Be careful tho... because some peices are over done... Be origional

i would like to know too.... Does anyone have good music in this area???

icesk8er31
01-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Why not go off the beaten path? Try listening to Gator Tango from the Wild Things Soundtrack. Great slinky tango. I'd love to be able to skate fast enough to skate to it. If you want something more flamenco-y, try Sting - he has a great Spanish Guitar Solo - a little repetitive, but maybe you could add it in with something else.

Good luck!

Aussie Willy
01-05-2003, 05:12 AM
Astor Piazolla is great. He wrote many great tangos.

Also on the Strictly Ballroom soundtrack you can find La Campasita (sp?) which is a very commonly used tango but I think it is good fun.

skaternum
01-05-2003, 08:12 AM
Whatever you choose, please, for the sake of humanity do NOT choose Malaguena!!:roll:

How about a modern Argentine tango? Try the CD entitled "Asfalto: Street Tango" by Pablo Ziegler. Some good stuff there!

love2sk8
01-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Hey guys! Thank you for the suggestions, keep them coming if possible! Dont worry skaternum, Malaguena didnt even make the list...**over-skated much!!**

I'm still searching for the suggestions given, hopefully one of them will be the one:D

mikawendy
01-05-2003, 12:04 PM
There is a really cool tango band that does very quirky music. I think it's a trio (piano, double bass, drum?). They did the soundtrack to the animated film called "The Waking Life." I want to say it's called Tosca Trio or something like that, but check to see if your video store has the movie. It might be in the regular section or the animated section.

Also, you might want to find out if Los Angeles Guitar Quartet (LAGQ) has done any tango or spanishy music--they have a unique sound.

Mel1977
01-11-2003, 11:03 AM
"Danse Espagnole" from Swan Lake is good...I'm using it for my freeskate program this year.