View Full Version : Switching coaches - the outcome

vesperholly
12-20-2002, 11:21 AM
I forgot to conclude my last post! :-)

I did talk to my old coach and I basically told her that I needed a change. I felt really bad - it's like breaking up with someone when they didn't do anything wrong. I started taking lessons from my new coach right away, and I've gotten so much input every lesson that I've had to start writing it down! It's very detailed and exactly what I wanted. So far I'm really happy with my new coach. It's a little awkward with old coach but I think with time and normal behavior that will settle down. So, it went well. :-)

Jocelyn

Chico
12-21-2002, 12:29 AM
Happy to hear all went well. Give yourself and your old coach time,and I'm sure you can still have a friendship. Time heals most.

Chico

melanieuk
12-21-2002, 09:05 AM
What a relief for you. :)
Now you can concentrate on your skating. :D

Andie
12-21-2002, 11:52 PM
Switching coaches seems like it'd be the hardest part, emotionally, in skating. I've had an instructor since August/September of this year who is pretty nice but I don't know if she's really teaching me a lot, I'm thinking of going to another rink with a different coach but don't want to insult my current. *sigh*

DRENDAVN
12-25-2002, 11:56 AM
I'm glad to hear it went well. I changed sometime ago as my old coach took a skating director job in the next state but had been coming back for a few students for awhile. I had actually been injured and not taken lessons from her in awhile and it STILL felt tough to tell her I was going to take with someone else. It was OK though.

Dave D.