View Full Version : They Fit!!

dani
12-13-2002, 04:50 PM
My SP Teri SuperDeluxe boots came in and they fit!! I have a pair of 10AA/A boots that were made just for me!! (I guess I have an odd foot size ;-)

I should be able to skate on them Sunday, yeah!

(So, how much pain am I in for? My last boots were Gold Stars and lasted 8 months ;-)

Hugs!
Danielle

MissIndigo
12-13-2002, 05:15 PM
Enjoy! Your feet aren't weird, trust me...I have long narrow feet too.

dbny
12-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Congrats on your new boots and perfect fit :D

My condolences to your poor, tortured Gold Stars :cry:
I guess they have really earned a rest. ;)

dani
12-13-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by dbny
Congrats on your new boots and perfect fit :D

My condolences to your poor, tortured Gold Stars :cry:
I guess they have really earned a rest. ;)

LOL!!

They have been screaming for mercy lately ;-)

I hope that they truly fit perfectly! I think they do, but I will know more when I skate on them. The thing that scared me was that they are my street size! But then again, supposedly the same blade fits the same way.

Hugs!
Danielle

garyc254
12-13-2002, 10:09 PM
Too cool!!!!! New boots!!!!

I've got SP Teri's and they took a long time to break in. The leather was extremely stiff. I wouldn't trade them for anything now, though.

I did have to skive some leather from around the top to keep them from cutting into my legs.

Elsy2
12-14-2002, 06:50 AM
Congrats on your new boots! Mine are just super-teri's...not deluxe's, but I was able to skate without much trouble for an hour on day one. My pain from breaking them in was at the ankle as the hooks lie over my sensative ankle bones. I still wear bunga ankle sleeves....other than that, the rest of the boot was very comfy.

If the tops of the boots are causing problems, I've heard that a good fix is to "steal" a few hockey pucks, put them in at the top edge of the boot and lace them up like that overnight. Helps to soften that top edge.

Let us know how it goes!

melanieuk
12-14-2002, 10:19 AM
Yeh....nice new boots! :D

Let us know how they feel on the ice.

skaternum
12-14-2002, 04:19 PM
Yay!!! I hope they'll prove to be your new best friends. Those boots are notoriously tough to break in, but I bet you'll be fine by the end of January.

I get fitted for my Klingbeils at the end of December. I can't wait!

dani
12-16-2002, 09:18 AM
OMG these things are stiff!!! I stroked around for a half hour this morning. I am going to try again tomorrow.

How exactly am I supposed to tell that the blades are mounted correctly?

Hugs!
Danielle

MissIndigo
12-16-2002, 10:57 AM
One way to tell if the blades are mounted well is to simply skate in a straight line on each foot. Maybe follow the thin red hockey line at the far ends of the rink to do this so you'll have a reference. Notice if the blade is pulling you to the inside or outside of your line when you delibrately try to stay straight. If you're being pulled, the blades need to be adjusted a bit. It's not that different from a front-end alignment on your car when you think about it!:)