View Full Version : Sniffle.

Blue Line
12-11-2002, 03:46 PM
I'm leaving right now to bring my skates to my pro. And they will stay with him...overnight. http://jeeptalk.org/crack/smilies/contrib/corky/corkysm67.gif

I have Aces for blades, and within a month of getting them, I noticed that the finish (chrome? I am not smart/technical about these things) was chipping off. Though I was told by the pro shop that it wouldn't effect the blade's performance, they told me they would replace the blades.

Now that it is time to bring them in, I don't know if this replacing is such a good idea! I can't believe that, even though I know they'll be perfectly fine, I am having an anxiety attack over this.

I'm going to have the same blades, the same boot, and I assume they'll be mounted in the same location. Will I even be able to notice a difference?

BlueLine, who now knows how her mom felt when she moved out of the house! :)

Elsy2
12-11-2002, 05:17 PM
It will be fine! And you'll have shiny new blades, and they should feel pretty much the same. Even if they feel different, you will adjust very quickly. I think we all feel a little anxious without our skates....and so very happy when we have them back again!

melanieuk
12-12-2002, 08:49 AM
I'm sure the newly-mounted blades will be fine. :)
Especially if a pro is doing it and not the local hockey shop lad.

Interesting to see if it affects you subliminally though, when you get back on the ice - please let us know, as I'll be facing a similar crisis in a few months. 8O

tazsk8s
12-12-2002, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blue Line
Now that it is time to bring them in, I don't know if this replacing is such a good idea! I can't believe that, even though I know they'll be perfectly fine, I am having an anxiety attack over this.

I am going through similar skate withdrawal right now as mine are also at my boot/blade wizard's shop for a few days. My 4+ year old Pattern 99's were completely dead, and they're being replaced with another pair.

I don't expect any major problems, just a minor adjustment period as one bad sharpening had completely changed the rocker on my old pair, and my wizard is great about working with moving the blades until they're mounted just right.

I'm sure you will be fine, too.