View Full Version : random jump success!!!

fan
12-09-2002, 11:50 AM
i was studying for exams yesterday and i got really frustrated so i thought i would take a short skating break. i went to the outdoor rink down the street, and things were going pretty well. i decided to try a double loop because i really didn't have anything to lose.

i landed it. twice.

i don't have an axel, 2 toe or 2 sow. has anyone else ever had this happen to them. i couldn't believe that i did it on my first try. i actually stopped and asked someone to watch me to make sure that i wasn't doing a single.

yippee! :D perhaps there's hope for me yet...

Mrs Redboots
12-09-2002, 12:17 PM
That's brilliant! Very well done indeed - and isn't skating a marvellous counter-irritant for studying?

You aren't alone - I know at least one young lady who landed her double Salchow on her first attempt, and that young lady's sister did a triple by mistake on hers!

RoaringSkates
12-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Wow. Great. I hope it sticks, and you keep on doing it! Very nice.

I've never had this problem. I'm only working on my single jumps, so doubles are out of the question!

The Ice Demon
12-09-2002, 02:33 PM
I thought this kind of thing only happened in my dreams!!

Well done! - And double loop too! (i think this is one of the harder doubles).

Imo
12-09-2002, 02:44 PM
The double loop was the first double I managed to land cleanly, albeit rarely... Still, I didn't do it on the first try - Congrats! :)

fan
12-10-2002, 02:49 PM
thanks everyone! i don't think i'll be able to do it again, but i will try like hell! i think it was the distraction that helped me do it, so, more studying!

figuristka
12-13-2002, 02:58 AM
WOW fan thats so great. You give hope to the rest of us. :D