View Full Version : I got my new pairs of Klingbeil

Luenatic
12-05-2002, 05:38 PM
I was trying it out the first time on Tuesday. Boy, it's tough. But I can finally do some jumps after 30 minutes of getting used to the new boots and blades (Coronation Ace). Actually, I think my jumps are much higher than before. Very strange. I'm taking it easy this month and won't have private lessons until next year. So I'll have some time to break in the new boots. Early Christmas present for myself. :)

Funny thing, when I went to pick up my skates, the skate expert was working on a pair of tiny blades seriously. I made a comment on how tiny the blades were, she said it's Sasha Cohen's new blades. She's working on it to make sure the rocker and stuff are set correctly. I mean, the blades are tiny! :)

Elsy2
12-05-2002, 06:35 PM
Congrats on the new boots and blades! You'll get used to them in a short while. I say it took me a few weeks to adjust to new blades last time....I eventually loved them.

Yazmeen
12-06-2002, 08:40 AM
You will get stronger with each skate. Even though mine are still not quite broken in, and I have Ace's for the first time, most of my skills are stronger (haven't really worked on three turns yet, that's coming) and my speed is MASSIVELY improved. I love my Klingbeil's!!!:D

RoaringSkates
12-06-2002, 08:57 AM
I'd imagine that Sasha's feet are tiny. I know that my feet are small, and my blades are smaller than most other adults at my rink. I wear a girl's size 4 skate, and I'm 5'2" tall. I think Sasha might be shorter than I am, so her feet could be even smaller.