View Full Version : Cleveland area rinks?

adultsk8er
12-02-2002, 04:50 PM
Anyone on the list skate in the Cleveland, OH area? I am relocating there and looking for a figure skating program. Stopped by Winterhurst over the weekend and didn't get much assistance from the lady at the registration booth. Any help or info. is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Elsy2
12-02-2002, 05:43 PM
Cleveland is pretty large, and has always been sort of segregated as far as east side and west side. I don't live there anymore, so I'm probably not much help.....but, I did attend an adult skating session at Winterhurst where all you could do was skate in a circle. The place was packed, so there are alot of adult skaters that skate at Winterhurst. There are other recreational rinks on the west side, one small one in Rocky River, and I believe there is still one in North Olmsted. These are not USFSA club rinks...probably more recreational.

I've been to competition with skaters from the Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights (east side), and Greenbrier FSC in Parma (southwest?). I once skated at Greenbrier when I was a kid....oh so long ago!

Cleveland Skating Club is in Shaker Heights....east side.

Do you have any idea where you are going to move?

(Edited to correct....the facility in North Olmsted is USFSA....West Shore FSC...)

singerskates
12-03-2002, 11:36 AM
download Acrobat Reader if you don't already have it and click on this link http://www.usfsa.org/programs/clubs/ohclub.pdf It has all the USFSA clubs in Ohio listed. You're bound to find one near where you want to live. Some of them have websites and emails so you can make inquires. God Bless and happy skating!

By the way, I'm a Canadian and skate in Canada. Just know where to look online.

Ice Queen
12-07-2002, 07:19 PM
I live in a suburb of Cleveland and have skated at Winterhurst for years. I'm an adult skater and don't belong to any club. But on Wed. afternoon we have a nice adult session from 1-3 and you can figure skate as long as you are careful. Normally we have under 10 people on the ice. I don't skate at any evening session as they won't allow figure skating. You can also try Rocky Rivers rink which has adult afternoon sessions Tues/Thurs. They've also allowed me to figure skate. We have a brand new rink in Strongsville "Ice Land USA." They have alot of sessions to choose from and it's a beautiful facility located right off of the highway. I also skate at an outdoor rink in Brooklyn called Halloran park. It's a covered rink and the ice is beautiful and taken care of with a zamboni.

I'd be happy to help you out with any other info you'd like. Hope to meet you at one of the rinks too some day.

Nancy

adultsk8er
12-13-2002, 10:24 AM
Hey, thanks Ice Queen for the wonderful info. Looks like I will be settled in the Cleveland area by early Feb. I too hope to meet you at one of the rinks sometime. Take Care and Happy Holidays everyone.

ClevelandDancer
12-18-2002, 12:41 PM
You might want to check out this site:

http://www.clevelandskating.com/

It has contact information/web links for all the figure skating clubs in Cleveland. I skate at Forestwood, just once a week. Welcome to the area!