View Full Version : If you skate in Simsbury please read? I need a rumor cleared up.

FSWer
11-23-2002, 08:17 PM
Say, I got up this morning and heard on the radio the International Skating Center in Simsbury is in danger of forclosing because they owe money of some sort in taxes or something like that. Does anyone here who skates there happen to know if Connecticut people are in danger of also loosing a place forever in the future to see skating of any sort, and if so, how far we would have to go to see it? Thanks.

wannask8
11-23-2002, 10:02 PM
I don’t skate there, but this was in the Hartford Courant and may be what you’re hearing about (giving it a try, but apologies if I don't post the link so that it just opens).

http://www.ctnow.com/news/local/hc-newlawsuit1123.artnov23.story

-- wannask8

skateflo
11-24-2002, 07:41 PM
For those unable to link to the article, the rink involved is the CT Intl not ISCC in Simsbury. The CISC is in Newington, home of Tarasova, Yagudin, Cohen, etc.

The rink has been in financial straits for quite awhile, not least of which was the amount of money being paid out for the Russian group. There was an article about this several weeks ago in the Hartford Courant. It is also the rink that coach Bob Young is associated with, who has now been given a lifetime ban from the USFSA for conduct against Jessica Roos.

ISCC in Simsbury seems to be doing just fine. The future of the Newington rink is anyone's guess especially with such large outstanding moneies owed.

FSWer
11-24-2002, 07:48 PM
Thanks for your help.