View Full Version : Anyone have skating plates?

Designdiva
11-19-2002, 03:19 PM
I'm thinking about getting personalized plates. I was going to get my handle "designdiva" compressed but then I thought about getting something skating related.

I was surprised by some of the skating references that were already taken when I did my search:
LAYBACK, FGR SK8, CML SPIN, ISK8, AXEL, SALCHOW. Of course, I've only see these kinds of plates at competitions, never just randomly on the street or even at my rink.

Anyone have one of these?

KathySkates
11-19-2002, 05:29 PM
I don't have skating license plates but I remember that Debi Thomas had "Sk8 4Au" or something like that. (Au is the chemical symbol for gold and she was a that time a pre-med student. Now she's a full fledged doc!)

Try that one! Maybe you will be in luck and it won't be taken.
One skating family I know had a huge custom van that had "Sk8rlimo". I thought that was cute too.

Figureskates
11-19-2002, 06:18 PM
I don't which state you are living in but I have FGRSK8 in Massachusetts...

mikawendy
11-19-2002, 06:55 PM
Once I start doing jumps, I'm sure my plates would have to say "WAXEL" or "FLUTZ" on them. ;)

jenlyon60
11-19-2002, 07:51 PM
I have a friend who has ICEDANCR or something like that. Up in NJ I saw a car with tags "3TURN"... i wouldn't mind having IH83TURN

LoopLoop
11-20-2002, 08:35 AM
I've seen a few in the parking lot at the rink... ICESK8R...DBL LOOP... When Kurt Browning landed the first quad he got a car with 1ST QUAD plates.

Mrs Redboots
11-20-2002, 12:25 PM
We can't have that sort of plate in this country, as they have to be of a certain design. I suppose, in theory, you could have LBO3 or RBO3 or similar, but that's as far as it goes. I have seen "3TURN" in the USA (Colorado), and quite a lot of skating references at Adult Nationals when it was held in Oakwood, California - but I don't know how many of those were local.