View Full Version : WFSC Adult Invitational

jenlyon60
11-19-2002, 02:05 PM
For anyone planning to compete at the WFSC Adult Invitational...

Couple questions/requests..

1. How much interest is there in a competitors' party? Pls PM me or respond here and let me know... also if you know anyone who doesn't hang out here, but who is planning on skating at the Adult Invitational, pls ask them.

2. If you're interested in a competitors' party, is there interest in having it at the rink?

3. Is there interest in a wine & cheese party (plus non-alcoholic beverages)? Or heavy hors d'oeurvres?

4. Music? Karaoke?

I've been asked to put something together, and the suggestion was made about a wine and cheese party at the rink.

Thanks in advance... suggestions welcome, especially if you're familiar with the DC/NoVA area.

flo
11-19-2002, 02:28 PM
Hi,
If I can get my interpretive program together, I'll be there, and perhaps also do the gold spins. I think something at the rink would be nice, even if it is a hospitality room for competitors where we can get together and chat - it also keeps the noise down in the dressing rooms for those preparing for events. I think there will be several skaters from the area, and so will spend time at the rink, and not a hotel.

skaternum
11-19-2002, 04:15 PM
There will 3-6 people from my club attending. I know some of us are interested in a party. Although I would probably prefer something at a local club or nightspot, that can be hard to arrange & publicize on short notice, and you certainly don't want to lose money on it! A wine & cheese gig at the rink would be fine, but I'd rather have heavy h'ors d'oeuvres. (If I've already skated, REALLY heavy!) :D

For the love of God, no karaoke! I'll never get my club mates to attend. Pop music (can we dance?) would be better.

Your mileage may vary.

mikawendy
11-19-2002, 06:53 PM
I overheard someone talking about the invitational at Sunday's freestyle session. She's going (I'll mention the party ideas to her if I see her this Sunday) and she was recruiting a college student who I've often seen at freestyle sessions to come along and do it.