View Full Version : All my old buds...

DRENDAVN
11-15-2002, 09:47 PM
...Seem to be here! Why didn't I find this place a long time ago?? I figured the bunch from the former board would find some place to gather en masse, I just never knew where.

I recognize many old handles and met a few in LP in August. Now THAT was FUN!

The bad news lately is that I don't have a lot of time to participate and this present PC I'm on has a hard drive that's breaking down.

Dave D.

TashaKat
11-16-2002, 03:55 AM
HI :)

Glad you found your way here at last .... I'm not around much at the moment either (skating or on this board) but still check in from time to time.

Hope that you're well.

L x

Elsy2
11-16-2002, 08:01 AM
Welcome! Glad you found this site, and looking forward to your posts!

Careygram
11-16-2002, 08:52 PM
Are you the Dave that was trying to teach me hydroblading in Lake Placid? I'm the Debbie who was failing miserably at hydroblading and taking pairs lessons in LP in August if you are that Dave. If you're not, sorry, never mind!

:roll:

KathySkates
11-17-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Careygram
Are you the Dave that was trying to teach me hydroblading in Lake Placid? I'm the Debbie who was failing miserably at hydroblading and taking pairs lessons in LP in August if you are that Dave. If you're not, sorry, never mind!

:roll:

I think it's tall Dave with the blond hair? This is like a game "Name that Dave!!!" The hydroblading Dave is "young Dave". Not that any of the Daves are old. Just that "young Dave" is the youngest. LOL, there will be a quiz next year in LP!

DRENDAVN
11-17-2002, 09:56 AM
Kathy is right!! I'm the oldest and the tallest, don't have too much hair and am the least advanced skater.

Young Dave oftentimes comes up with some pretty slick moves!

The most memorable moment was when a bunch of us were on a session with the Protopopovs. For those who have not been to LP it is a great joy to skate with those two as they are very encouraging, friendly and supportive of adult skating. They were analyzing Daves jump landing and it took both of them pulling on him from opposite sides to get him into the position they wanted him to be! I wish I had a picture of that!

I guess like many old-school Russians they tend to be VERY physical when demonstrating or coaching people.

Young Dave is also skinny and perhaps more flexible than adult men have a right to be. He does choctaws which I always find rather amazing. It was more amazing to see Mrs. Protopopov giving him pointers on them - she looks like she's just painting the toepicks on the ice, as naturally as breathing. From someone old enough to be most peoples grandma!

Sort of gives us all hope for the future.

Dave D.

melanieuk
11-17-2002, 01:07 PM
Hi Dave!

:D

KathySkates
11-17-2002, 03:21 PM
Dave you are so right about that Russian pulling of arms and legs. My Russian dance coach pulls my 40 year old leg and hip until I scream and then says "Ya! That is proper position!"
(Sigh) What would we be without skating to torture us? Umm, rich and pain free?

LoopLoop
11-18-2002, 08:18 AM
Hi Dave! How've you been?

Marna

flo
11-18-2002, 01:05 PM
Hi, welcome back!