View Full Version : MK Vision Blades

cparakeet
11-11-2002, 02:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had a pair of these blades and their opinion about them. Also if you could state what jumps/spins/moves level you were working on when you used these blades, that would be helpful.

It seems that most people use MK Pros, Gold Stars, or Phantoms. I rarely hear about people using the Vision blade and it has a toe pick that looks like a precursor to the Phantom, yes?

Thanks.

flippet
11-11-2002, 05:24 PM
I have Visions, and I love them. I had Professionals before, and since moving to the Visions, my spins have greatly improved. They're quite a bit more 'rockery', and I needed that. They also seem really, really FAST. The first day out, I tried to do a very slow two-foot spin (I was breaking in new boots as well), and I zipped around so fast I nearly fell over!

I was at the FS3 level when I got them (still am, due to serious lack of skating time), had a nice waltz and sal, improving toe loop, a sometimes flip, and a nearly-there loop. Only a scratch spin, but it was iffy before these blades, and has improved muchly since.

I'm not sure what the Phantom toepick looks like, but I like the Vision pick really well. I thought it might not be as secure as the Professional I was used to, but I haven't had a problem.

spicyicey
11-11-2002, 07:38 PM
Hi, I have Visions now. I'm doing double jumps and flying spins and I know skaters at the same level as me and above who use them. I like them enough that I would go with them again on my next pair of skates. I have heard of so many people who really hate the Gold Star/Seal (can't remember which) blades that I would never think of going with those. One of the main reasons I decided to get them was because they are nearly the same as Pattern 99's which cost almost a hundred dollars more, in most cases. I've also heard skate sharpeners say that Phantoms can be a pain to sharpen with the tapered sides, etc, which scared me a little-I'm very picky with my sharpenings ;). In general, I would say that Visions don't really stick out from the pack, but are a good solid choice. Just make sure they get mounted right!