View Full Version : Risport problems

Aussie Willy
11-08-2002, 03:03 AM
Anyone else have the following problem with their Risports?

I have RF2 and ever since I got them 2 years ago they have always caused pain on my instep and on the inside of my foot. I have never had problems around the ankles from the day I got them but I find I take them off two or three times during a session just to give my feet a break.

It is a real shame because they are a good boot, but if I could afford to buy a new pair I would.

Anyway has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it?

Elsy2
11-08-2002, 07:51 AM
It sounds like the instep of the boot might be hitting your instep in the wrong area, or that maybe this part of the boot is too tight? I might try a few things.....If you think this part of the boot is too tight, I might shove something in that area and leave it when I'm not skating to stretch it out a little. I would also experiment with different insoles. Maybe adding an insole with arch support would help. You can take almost any insole and trim it to size using your current insoles as a pattern. But if it's too thick, it will take up quite a bit of room and affect your overall fit.

I have learned that boots that hurt your feet are not worth it. Start thinking of a way to cut back somewhere else in your expenses to start saving for new boots.

RoaringSkates
11-08-2002, 08:53 AM
I'd had this problem with my Reidell's. I found that it was because the metal piece in the side/arch area was too arched. My skate pro made it flatter, so it better fit my arch, and now I'm fine! I only had this problem with my left foot - my right one was fine.

I wonder if you have the same problem? It was a quick fix by a good pro.

Azlynn
11-08-2002, 03:50 PM
I have Risports as well, and the same problem. Length is perfect, but I always get pain/pressure at the outside of the base of my big toe, and on my arches. During Canskate assisting my feet tend to go numb. I know that part of my problem is that I need longer laces, but they just don't seem to be wide enough along the inside of my foot... and Risports are supposed to be amongst the widest of the skates.

TashaKat
11-09-2002, 05:11 AM
I had major problems with Risport and wouldn't touch them with a bargepole! I had the numb feet, 'grew' an extra 'anklebone' (of course it wasn't but looked like one), a bump on the back of the heel and, eventually, a broken blood vessel in my foot (couldn't skate for over a month) ..... nothing would sort it and I trashed them in the end!

The only thing that I would recommend is to see a reputable 'Skate Doctor' and see if they can do anything for you.

Sorry not to have anything more positive to say but my experience with Risport has been all negative :(

Good luck

L x