View Full Version : World Class Skaters

dani
10-30-2002, 01:13 PM
Hi everyone!

I have had the pleasure of having an ISU Junior dance team skate on the same ice as me for the past month or so. (In fact it seems empty now that they are in Milan!) While there are a lot of complaints about that "pairs team", I find that this has helped my work ethic and things as concrete as my posture are better.

Has anyone else had that experience? How did it work out for you?

Hugs!!
Danielle

CanAmSk8ter
10-30-2002, 02:36 PM
Absolutely. At first I think it saps my concentration, but it definitely makes me try harder too. I've shared ice with Katia Gordeeva, Silvia Fontana, and several of Tatiana Tarasova's dance teams. Sometimes Victor Kraatz comes out and skates on freestyle sessions with us kids, too. The first day I was really nervous, but then I realized Victor was the last person I should be worrying about- after all, he would know where my patterns were going! I work my butt off those days, let me tell you.

I also skate with a junior pair team every day that happens to be comprised to two of my really good friends. The first few times I was on the ice with them it was nerve-racking, but now I have both their short and long memorized and I know exactly where to go to get out of their way. I don't think about it at all anymore; in fact, I'm disappointed when they get to use the other rink because they've got all the good CD's! LOL.

Black Sheep
10-30-2002, 05:42 PM
Just this past Aug. 3, I skated my new Adult Gold FS program in the same exhibition as some Russian World-Class skaters who are training in Chicago with Oleg Vasiliev were performing: Viktoria Volchikova and the Russian pair team of Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin. :)

Mrs Redboots
10-31-2002, 10:44 AM
I train regularly with an ISU Junior AND Senior dance team (the two women are twin sisters). Extremely nice people, and it's sometimes an education to watch them train and learn what they find difficult, what they find easy, and how much their partners help or hinder them, and vice versa.

They make it look so easy when they are out there performing that it's quite an eye-opener to see how hard they can find it when they are working out their routines! And I am always amused when I hear them arguing about exactly the same things that my husband and I - a zillion levels below them, but still ice dancers - also argue about: "I can't do it if you put your arm like that!" "If you bent your knees more, it would work....." etc, etc, etc.....

garyc254
10-31-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Redboots
And I am always amused when I hear them arguing about exactly the same things that my husband and I - a zillion levels below them, but still ice dancers - also argue about: "I can't do it if you put your arm like that!" "If you bent your knees more, it would work....." etc, etc, etc.....

TOO FUNNY!!!! :lol: :lol:

And all of this time you thought it was just your husbands fault. ;)