View Full Version : What is "supponation"?

michelle K
10-29-2002, 07:47 PM
Hi,
Can anyone telle me the meaning of supponation (like in feet)? English is not my native tongue and I couldn't find the word in the dictionary.
Thanks.

Suzanne
10-29-2002, 07:57 PM
This should do it for you:

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=supination

Yazmeen
10-29-2002, 08:04 PM
A person who "over-supinates" has feet that tend to lean to the outside edge.

An "over-pronater" leans to the inside edge. Most of us over-supinate. Just look at the wear on the heels of your shoes, and you'll be able to tell which you are, or if your feet stay fairly neutral (even wear on the entire heel).

Beth

michelle K
10-29-2002, 09:32 PM
Thanks.
My right skate doesn't feel okay and I remembered that boot fitter told me that my right feet may have a slight supination looking at my feet tracing. The blades were mounted by a professional (I am having doubts, but for the lack of a right word) but he didn't bother to look at my feet.
Having a darn hard time with FO3 on right feet and when I do clockwise forward crossover, right leg slips under me and the right foot end up kind of looking points out and is not pararell with my left feet.

\ คำ

I also have a little trouble going straight on righ foot. I've been on this pair of boots for over 30 hours now.

I understand mostly it is my lack of practice and skills, but I thought I would make sure my blade position is right for my feet type.

Chico
10-29-2002, 11:42 PM
Have your coach watch you glide on one and both feet. My coach did this for me and had me move my blades correctly for me. This made a huge difference in my edge control. How you need your blades mounted is a personal thing when it comes to the little details. Just as a warning, it took us weeks of farting with it to get it just right. I did find that skating felt different for a week or so. Different, but better.

Chico