View Full Version : ISI Competition - Gamma Solo Question

RoaringSkates
10-28-2002, 12:05 PM
I will probably be competing at the 12/8/02 ISI event at the Yonkers Figure Skating Club (Murray Arena). I have never competed before, so would love some info!

I plan to do the Gamma Solo, since this is what my coach recommends for my first competition. Can anyone give me an idea of what moves are required in this piece? I know it's 1 minute long, to music, and that there are certain moves you have to do. However, I can't find details on the ISI website.

kar5162
10-28-2002, 12:12 PM
The required competition elements are the test elements plus one element from FS 1 (waltz jump, 1/2 flip, 2 foot spin, spiral, etc). You can include elements from Alpha and Beta without restriction.

RoaringSkates
10-28-2002, 12:18 PM
Showing my ignorance, but I forget the test elements. Are they:

>5 backward crossovers
one-foot spin
bunny hop, and
forward spiral?

Thanks so much!

ClevelandDancer
10-28-2002, 01:17 PM
It's been a long time (8 years) since I was in ISI Learn-to-Skate, things certainly may have changed, but I remember...

5 backward crossovers - beta
one-foot spin - FS1
bunny hop, and - delta
forward spiral - FS1

You MUST include everything from the Gamma test. I'm pretty sure that includes a t-stop and mohawk sequence, maybe a 3-turn (forward outside), maybe a forward inside 3-turn? I'm sure your coach could tell you.

kar5162
10-28-2002, 01:33 PM
Roaring skates - those are not the Gamma elements.

Cleaveland skater is right about the elements except the 1 foot spin is in FS2. You absolutely cannot do this in a Gamma program.

Gamma elements are:
RFO 3 turn
LFO 3 turn
RFI mohawk sequence
LFI mohawk sequence
hockey stop

So a Gamma program needs all of these elements and one FS 1 element. Alpha and Beta elements can also be included.

The following site has all of the test requirements.
http://www.igfsu.org/ISITests.htm

RoaringSkates
10-28-2002, 02:31 PM
Thank you thank you thank you.

I only see my coach once per week, so didn't want to wait until our next session to get started in case I was missing an element from my rep, like the hockey stop...never done that. Hmm...will ask about that at next session.