View Full Version : mounting blade help

xgskate
08-17-2010, 12:25 AM
My blade is mounted off. I need to adjust it myself. But there's the screw that lock the heel of the boot on the sole right at the point I need to put in my mounting screw. Do you have any experience with such situation? How do you solve the problem?

katz in boots
08-17-2010, 04:23 AM
I admit to doing quite a bit of blade mounting tinkering, however, in my experience, the screw that locks the heel to the boot is in the centre of the heel sole. Unless your blades are too short for the boot, it shouldn't be a problem. Usually I would not insert screws into all 4 heel holes, so I can usually find a mounting that would avoid the heel screw if it were an issue.

xgskate
08-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Thank you!

I found that my left blade has to be mounted very much to the left. On my old boots, the heel is big, so it is just very very much to the left. On my new pair, the heel is small, I literally had to mount it so that the mounting plate sticks outside the heel for more than 2mm and I still feel I need to push it out more.

In the past few years, the blade mounting was looking pretty center on the boots and even with sharpener who's very famous around the area for mounting, it was never fixed like this. I was never able to do couter-clock-wise back crossover comfortably. Nor could I do clock-wise crossover well.

This time I decided to just try different mounting on my old boots, since it is trash anyway and found that I have to mount the left blade in such a weird way. But with the fix, my ccw back crossover is comfortable immediately. So is forward crossover and many other things.

Has anybody encountered such situation?