View Full Version : ever tried line dancing on ice ?

johns135
08-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I've certainly done it on roller skates. Picked it up in California at a park near San Diego, and down at the same beach. Lot of fun. I'm back in my old home now .. Raleigh, NC .. and I don't think it is popular around here. Very conservative population. So I don't go "roller dancing" in some local park at my age .. ahem ! Closest I think it might be OK is at the local ice rink where I skate couple times a week. The figure skaters are so involved with "moves" and stuff, that nobody would see it as any different. The music is great during our "skates", and I did one of my line dances out at center ice. It got noticed alright ... and I almost had a class going. The ice dancers knew what I was doing, and we all agree it would be nice to find some on-line line dances for ice, and learn them. Is there a CD ? or a web site ?

Clarice
08-06-2010, 08:06 PM
We did one as the finale of an ice show once. It was a lot of fun. I've never seen anything formally spelled out like ice dance patterns, though. It's sort of counter to what skating usually does, since line dances happen more or less in one place and skating programs are supposed to cover as much ice as possible.

johns135
08-07-2010, 05:27 PM
We did one as the finale of an ice show once. supposed to cover as much ice as possible.

Have you noticed that the hockey skaters have line dances .. good ones!
Only they include their hockey sticks to use in kind of a drum-dance.

johns

AgnesNitt
08-07-2010, 05:36 PM
I've been at a couple of rinks where the same song was played and the skaters did the same steps. I don't know the song's name, and the only words I remember are "Jump three times." I think it's from the 60's. Anyway, it must be wide spread as the rinks weren't in the same state.