View Full Version : We want to do a Page on the 1961 Plane crash. Any ideas?

FSWer
08-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Ok. I was wondering if anyone could please help out here. My friend and I want to do a page dedicated to the victums of the 1961 Plane Crash and want to use the Skater's names. However in the Book "Frozen in Time" it says that permission can't be granted to use the names. Does anyone know of any way around that through links,etc. that we could do so we can make a page without having to ask for permission? Thanks.

Clarice
08-03-2010, 09:37 PM
FSWer, where does it say you can't list the names? I don't think there would be a problem with that, since I can find the list of names on line. I just searched on "1961 U.S. figure skating team" and found a link to a Wikipedia page that listed all the skaters killed in the crash.

FSWer
08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Didn't the families have to give permission before that was put up on-line? I was thinking of typing and copying the names from the book and list by Discipline. We won't get sued?

Clarice
08-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Didn't the families have to give permission before that was put up on-line? I was thinking of typing and copying the names from the book and list by Discipline. We won't get sued?

No, I'm pretty sure it's a matter of public record. You can't quote whole sections of the book, because that belongs to the author, but just a list of names and disciplines shouldn't be a problem.

AgnesNitt
08-05-2010, 05:53 PM
If you search on the boards you'll see I have posted videos of the skaters who died in the crash. These are from the 1961 US Nationals. You could add those.