View Full Version : Random Goofy things parents say about our skating

miraclegro
07-27-2010, 04:38 AM
Okay, I've been wanting to ask this for a while. Any one can join in, but this is directed alot to the adult skaters and their parents, because it's probably the funniest. What are the most random/funny things your parent(s) have said about anything regarding sectionals (i.e. between their aging and memory loss and stuff)). My mom really doesn't get anything about my skating.

For example, my mom, who has a hearing aid heard me say somehting about how well i did at sectionals, and she let out a giggle, and then i clarified, but she later thought i had said something about (sex)tionals., not knowing what in the world i'd said (and i don't usually share this kind of stuff, but it's sooo funny).

Another adult skater's mom said, although her mom knew she skated ...said "good luck at your swim meet!"

Just for fun...anyone else?

fsk8r
07-27-2010, 06:02 AM
My mum's going around telling her friends that the adult synchro team are training for the Olympics. She seemed to get confused that I was trying out for the senior team, and I've tried explaining that it's not an Olympic sport...

Then again, I did see a poster advertising a skating gala saying that if had the stars of the future, aiming for the London 2012 Olympics. I wasn't sure in what sport they were aiming to go with, as I'm assuming the skating is just a pasttime...

Mel On Ice
07-27-2010, 09:14 PM
My dad came to our club competition and wondered where Tonya Harding was.

miraclegro
08-01-2010, 05:22 AM
That's funny, Sorry my original post was not really clear, i kind of messed it up, but you guys got what i was saying. The replies are funny!

I see some other adult skaters whose parents go with them to competitions and are their biggest cheer leaders, but that would never happen with me! That's ok, though.

Sessy
08-01-2010, 06:42 AM
My dad came to our club competition and wondered where Tonya Harding was.

Rotflmao.

My mom's mostly hilarious in regards to her own skating, most notably, she said she wants to go skating this season again with lessons but wants a pillow down her pants like me, lol. One pair of crash pants coming up, mom... :lol: