View Full Version : Let's get to know all our fellow Skater's through a normal day..on and off ice

FSWer
07-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Ok. A lot of my threads come to me in my sleep....and this one felt interesting enough to post. What I'd like to ask you all today, if you'd like to tell it,ind if not to personal to you is...what is a normal day like for you,on and of ice? Please use the following format. Here's mine....

A normal day for me as a skater is getting up around 10:00. Making my Bed. Getting dressed by putting my Sweatpants on so that there on when I go. Then depending on the season I either put my long-sleeve shirt on at that time,or put a short-sleeve shirt on in the Summer and put a long-sleeve on before I go. I watch a little bit of TV. or go on-line,and and at about 2:00 gather up my things and wait to be taken to the Rink at about 3:00 or 3:30. I skate there from 4:00 - 5:10 and then head home and relax for the rest of the evening.

Off-Ice;

When I'm Off-Ice I go to work. Go to the Park...and relax when I get home.
On a day I'm not working I hang around watch TV. Go on the Internet. Go to a Respite Group. Go for walks. LOL. I guess you could say I'm still a kid at heart. What about all of you?

jazzpants
07-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Let's see... my day changes day by day.... but this is a "typical" (yeah, I WISH!!!) day.

Weekday: Morning FS session for an hour (if I don't oversleep :halo: ), work for "8" (more like 10 :( ) hours, gym (whether it's cardio or off ice training... if I'm able to get out of work early, then I would do both,) prepare for the next day (more than likely I'm doing HOUSEWORK that hubby whines about :roll: ), sleep...

Weekend:

Sat: Mostly housework, but sometimes I get to nap/rest...
Sun: Off ice training and cardio. Every other week, it's with my trainer.

pet_lover48
07-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi! This is an interesting thread and it will be neat to read others schedules.

As far as my training, well, let's just say I'm not exactly a "normal" 16 year old. I'm at the novice level. (My goal is to pass my Junior freeskate test this year.) I practise 6 days/week (all year long, of course) and I also spend quite a bit of my time in the car being driven to and from practise because I train
mainly at a rink about 40 min from my house.

Anyways, every day is sort of different for me (in terms of times of practises and stuff), but a normal day would be for me DURING the school year. (Obviously in the summer - no school.)

Go to 2 classes of school in morning. (I do the rest of my schooling through homeschool.)

On-ice practise session for usaully 2 hours in the afternoon

Then, (usually twice a week), I'll do an extra 1 hour on-ice practise session in the early evening.

Off-ice in the evenings. Usually, twice/week I do group off-ice sessions with the other skaters for about 1hour 30min. On the days I don't do that, I usually do about an 1 of off-ice at home by meyself.

Anyways, that's my how my training currently goes. :) Let me know what you guys think/your thoughts.
Thanks,
pet_lover48

ibreakhearts66
07-25-2010, 09:57 PM
I don't remember what a totally normal day of skating used to be like for me, so the following is what a normal day was before I was hospitalized.

Wake up at 8am for school. Class from 9:20-10:50, then ballet from 11:00-12:20. Drive home, change into skating clothes, get back in car and go to the rink. Skate from 1:30-3:00 or so, sometimes a little more. Get home around 3:45, check my phone. If I have to tutor, get cardio in by jogging to the kid's house. Back in the car by 5:45 for chemistry. Home by 9:30. Depending on how I felt, I either did another cardio/strengthening workout or collapsed into bed and did whatever.

This amount of exercise was really not at all appropriate, but it's the only schedule I can remember. If I go back to really training with skating, I will likely not be doing additional workouts on the days I skate. I also won't be taking a ballet or other PE type class, just academics. Things were starting to change a lot before I got sick (switching to a new coach at a new rink), so I have no IDEA what a normal day will be like for me in the future.

My current off-ice schedule is incredibly boring. Set my alarm to have breakfast at 8:30, hit snooze a couple of times and have breakfast closer to 9. Clean, do assignments, read, watch TV etc until 11:00. I'm at my treatment program from 11:45-6ish. Every day is a little different, but basically we eat, talk about things, eat some more, then maybe talk about things some more or do yoga or go on a walk, then generally eat some more ;) After program, I go home, rest, clean, do assignments, read, watch TV, whatever. Or I go out with other girls from the program. But usually just rest lol.

SkatEn
07-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Normal weekday
Wake up at 7.30, snooze until 7.45am, get to work at 9am by walking for a little more than half hour (I'm normally there at 9.05am, blame procrastination). Lunch at 1, normally have healthy home lunches which my local colleagues don't think as food :roll: Well, I'm sorry, I don't think a large slab of rice with meat and veggies swimming in salt and oil count as food either.

End work at 5.30am, walk home and reach at 6.15am. May get some grocery shopping in. Change, drink and on my laptop by 6.30am. Wait for housemates to finish cooking. Cook at 7.30am if I am cooking, or heat up leftovers from what I cooked. Eat with TV. Do some conditioning (crunches, girl-style push ups, supermans, camel-sit x10, planks, etc). Clean up my plates, get online and check email. Bathe between 9 to 10pm. Get online, talk and do shopping. sleep at unearthly hour like 1am, repeat.

Non-Skating Saturday/Sunday
Sleep in or be waken up by housemates walking in the apartment. Eat what I can find, do grocery shopping, clean, watch TV, nap, get online, shower, conditioning. Or I go out.

Skating Saturday/Sunday
Current schedule: Wake up at 7.30am, snooze to 7.50am, rush, wash up, eat, pack for skating which take 20 minutes... pack food like muesli, raisins... get dressed, change, get dressed again. Get out of the house at 9.15am, reach the rink at 11 if I don't miss the shuttle, light stretches, on ice by 11.15am, lesson at 12noon, resurfacing at 1pm = heavier snacks like bread and muesli. Skate until 5pm (hey, I only get to skate once a week!) Find more snacks and eat on the way home, get home, eat out unless I have leftovers, shower, get online, sleep.

Previous schedule on Saturday: Group lesson at 5.30am, start with 10 min run/backwards running/variety. Plyometrics, squat with hands on the floor, plank, squat, jump up, squat (what is this called?) crunches, supermans, various off ice stuff, end off this set with a sprint. Repeat from the squat-plank-squat-jump-squat to the sprint for 3 times. 6.30am - get on ice for lesson until 8 or 8.30 or 9.

Get home, eat, pass out from jello muscles.:giveup:

RachelSk8er
07-26-2010, 04:20 PM
I spend most of my day guarding my arsenal full of foam weapons. In this day and age, I can't afford to have anyone mess with them. While I do that, I drink a ton of Starbucks, listen to Glenn Beck, and make calls from my bananaphone. Occasionally I blog or tweet about it. Sometimes I blog, tweet, facebook, email, instant message, text and foursquare shout to the same person all from the same mobile device all at the same time. In the afternoons, I either go to top secret ninja training or play Scrabble. At night I study popular late 80s/early 90s baseball movies so that I can quote them nonstop while out in public. It's a very exciting life I lead.

jazzpants
07-26-2010, 04:25 PM
I spend most of my day guarding my arsenal full of foam weapons. In this day and age, I can't afford to have anyone mess with them. While I do that, I drink a ton of Starbucks and make calls from my bananaphone. Occasionally I blog or tweet about it. Sometimes I blog, tweet, facebook, email, instant message, text and foursquare shout to the same person all from the same mobile device all at the same time. In the afternoons, I either go to top secret ninja training or play Scrabble. At night I study popular late 80s/early 90s baseball movies so that I can quote them nonstop while out in public. It's a very exciting life I lead.:lol: :lol: :lol: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I hope you'll have plenty of foam weapons out there. (Or should I get my own so I can get some target practice to prepare for "war?" :twisted: :P )

RachelSk8er
07-26-2010, 04:29 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I hope you'll have plenty of foam weapons out there. (Or should I get my own so I can get some target practice to prepare for "war?" :twisted: :P )

Just be advised that if anyone messes with me, I have a vuvuzela and I'm not afraid to use it. I don't even need to go to the foam weapons.