View Full Version : Riedell 875 TS vs 435 TS

Lisa_C
07-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Does anyone know the difference between the 875 TS and the 435 TS? My daughter needs new boots and Riedells work well for her. She is currently in 280s but her coach said she needs a much stronger boot, at the high end. She is a teenager and the size of an adult. Her coach doesn't know much about the newer lines of Riedells and our pro shop is a hockey shop that sells skates. She is working on her axel and will be starting doubles soon. I'm hoping the 435 would be good for her, but the Riedell description is basically that it is like the 875 but cheaper. That doesn't help me much. I really don't want to over or underboot her. The recommedations on Riedell's website don't help much since she is heavier than than the typical Pre-Juv skater (which is the level she is working on now).

sk8tmum
07-02-2010, 10:13 AM
The 875 is the reworked Riedell GoldStar. They are nice; my kid likes them; she switched from the GoldStars to the 875 and found them better fitting and much lighter. She broke in the boots in about 2-1/2 weeks, her GoldStars held up through 2 years of heavy year-round skating and were traded in only because we wanted to reduce weight and because it was the right timing in her training cycle.

My DD is 5'9", 130 pounds, and our fitter felt that the 875 was the right level of boot for her. She was put in the GoldStars when she was 5'7" and about 115 pounds; we were told the Silver Stars would be too light. Don't know if that helps; we were also told that the 435 would be too "light" for her.

san
07-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm an adult, 5' 9", 145 lbs. I've always worn Riedell Gold Star in the past, and just got the 875 a month ago. I really like it--it was very comfy right from the start and it gives good support. I have all singles through a lutz, and used to land axels and doubles in my Gold Stars as a teenager.