View Full Version : Double Half-Loop

kayskate
05-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Does anybody do this jump? Ice or roller?
A regular half loop consists of a loop take off, 1 rotation, land on inside edge of other foot. I have personally never seen this performed as a double or triple. Wondering if anyone else has or does them.

Kay

RachelSk8er
05-28-2010, 08:42 AM
This would be pretty darn difficult to do as more than a single. To get the rotation for multiple rotations, you really have to be pulled in tight and over your R side (for a CCW jumper). Landing on the opposite foot requires you to stay more open and shift your weight a bit, and keeping your free hip where it would need to be to control that inside edge on the landing would be really tough, too.

Purple Sparkly
05-28-2010, 02:22 PM
When I was working on my double sal chow, I used to land it on a left back inside edge instead of a right back outside edge. Would we call that a double half sal chow? I am sure it would be much harder to do now than it was when it was accidental.

If one could do a double half loop, you could do a double half loop-double sal chow combination, which would be cool.

kayskate
05-28-2010, 04:26 PM
When I was working on my double sal chow, I used to land it on a left back inside edge instead of a right back outside edge. Would we call that a double half sal chow? I am sure it would be much harder to do now than it was when it was accidental.

I think that would be a 1-foot double sal.
Kay

RachelSk8er
05-29-2010, 05:48 AM
I think that would be a 1-foot double sal.
Kay

Yeah. People do 1-footed sals. I had a 1-footed sal/sal/loop in my program a few years ago.