View Full Version : Harlicks - boot height and heel height

eliza1
05-27-2010, 03:45 PM
There have been many posts with regards to Harlicks, however, just out of curiosity -- on their stock boots, what is the common heel height and common boot height on the back of leg and also on the sides? Can you compare (roughly) Harlicks to any other type of boot? I live outside the US and am very interested in this type of boot.....any feedback on them would be wonderful!! Thanks!

kayskate
05-27-2010, 07:41 PM
I have custom Harlicks. The heels are higher than Reidells. It takes getting used to the higher heel. I do not know about stock Harlicks. Call the company. They will be able to give you specs.

Kay
www.skatejournal.com

Kim to the Max
05-27-2010, 09:57 PM
If I could find my measuring tape or a ruler, I would help you out, but unfortunately, everything of mine is packed in random boxes, so I can't help with exact measurements. However, the heel height is about a 1/4 inch smaller than the height one of my credit cards. I don't have a good measuring reference for the boot height, but if I find something, I will let you know!

As a plug, I LOVE my Harlick's. I wear Harlick Finalists and have since I was a kid. I have no need for a custom boot and the stock boot serves me very well. The Finalists are their stiffest stock boots and they take me about a week to fully break in. The last pair of boots it was a little more because they were just straight boots, this time I got the flex notch (when you are spending $500, what is another $30?). That helped big time because I was able to bend my knees right away a lot better.

Good luck!!

eliza1
05-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks so much for the replies! Did you find that with having the flex notch, your stability in jumps was compromised at all or did it just help to get the ankle flexion?? One more question, do they have a very wide throat area, similar to Riedell?? Yes, I will definitely phone them today...

techskater
05-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Flex notch is helpful for getting them broken in and as hard as I am on boots, it doesn't damage the structural integrity.

eliza1
05-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Thank you techskater!! It is so difficult living in the UK because we only have a couple of people who fit boots and they don't stock every brand -- unfortunately, no one does Harlicks over here at all!! Thus, I shall be ordering with giving them all of my feet/ankle measurements and photographs of the feet -- it is good to hear feedback from people who skate in them!

flyingcupcake
06-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I skated in mid 90s Riedells and just switched to Harlicks and I LOVE them. But you have to go with what fits you. A lot of skaters are in jacksons or Riedells around here, but Jacksons don't fit me and unfortunately Riedells don't fit me well anymore either. Tried on Harlicks and they felt great (well, as great as trying on new boots will feel). The fitter did tell me that the heel was different (lower or tapered? I forget what he said) than the Riedells.

eliza1
06-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Thank all of you again for your replies -- they are most welcome!!

londonicechamp
06-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Hi

Yes, I am currently on Harlick boots as well. I am doing one foot spin (scratch spins) in them, learning jumps up to loop jumps in them too. They do feel comfortable on my feet, just like I am wearing a slipper.

londonicechamp