View Full Version : Hackensack Adult Weekend

MusicSkateFan
05-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Anyone going this year? I went back in 2005 and found it pretty good. Anyone go last year or recently? I see that Robin Wagner is back again. I enjoyed the classes I had with her in 2005. I think it would be good for me to get a lot of ice time in right before I take 6 weeks off for the summer!

flutzilla1
05-25-2010, 01:18 PM
I went in 2007 and had a blast. Not going this year, in part because of Galina being there. I had a horrendous experience with her on an open freestyle in the lead-up to Eastern Adult Sectionals, during which I got the very strong impression she doesn't think much of adult skaters, which makes her being involved in this camp a bit mystifying at best.

MusicSkateFan
05-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Really? Well I will have to speak to Galina about my Russian coach..she'll change her mind! LOL

JimStanmore
05-25-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm definitely going. Finally, something big less than an hour away! And, I was looking forward to meeting Galina for the first time...

Skate@Delaware
05-26-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm up in the air, it will depend on my class schedule (nothing like a wild weekend skating then facing a test the Monday you get back LOL!) I was hoping there would be a pair track this year, my partner was thinking of doing the camp with me. He does NOT do dance.

I had a blast last year! Two more women from my rink are going, which is great!

flutzilla1
05-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Maybe she's nicer now? :)

Have fun everyone who is going! It's really a great, one-of-a-kind experience. The year I went Daisuke Takahashi fixed my salchow. :)

Skate@Delaware
05-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Maybe she's nicer now? :)

Have fun everyone who is going! It's really a great, one-of-a-kind experience. The year I went Daisuke Takahashi fixed my salchow. :)
wow!!!! That's cool!

IF I go, I'll have to leave earlier on Sunday, like before noon so I can get home in time to rest up (LOL!) and review for my test (cause I won't get any studying done while there).

I learned a lot last year, especially with Vlad (aka Team V)

MusicSkateFan
05-26-2010, 11:43 AM
I am leaning towards going. With staying out of adult nationals the past two years I feel like I am out of the loop in adult skating. I had been going to Lake Placid for the Adult week in Aug the past two years but wont be able to get there this year. This time I will make sure and stretch before I jump in my vehicle for the drive home on Sunday..In 2005 I stopped for gas in South Jersey and could barely walk! I was so stiff from the 3-4 hours on the ice that day!

sexyskates
05-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I've had a blast at this camp the last two years. Unfortunately I have a huge family obligation on that Saturday. But I'll be there for Sunday; half a camp is better than nothing!

Skate@Delaware
05-28-2010, 07:13 AM
I am leaning towards going. With staying out of adult nationals the past two years I feel like I am out of the loop in adult skating. I had been going to Lake Placid for the Adult week in Aug the past two years but wont be able to get there this year. This time I will make sure and stretch before I jump in my vehicle for the drive home on Sunday..In 2005 I stopped for gas in South Jersey and could barely walk! I was so stiff from the 3-4 hours on the ice that day!
That was the four of us-we stopped half-way home for a bite to eat...could barely shuffle from the parked car to the restaurant! It was hilarious! He He, I thought I was in good physical shape before I went....guess not! Every muscle in my body hurt!