View Full Version : What do you think it might be like to be as famous a skater,as someone as young as...

FSWer
04-22-2010, 10:31 PM
O-k...I don't beleive we've ever talked about this before. But I thought it might make an interesting topic. But what do you all think it might be like be be as famous as someone as young as say,oh...Rachael Flatt? Just what you beleive it might be like?...Not nesicerally the skater's lifesyle.

I think it might be fun. Though, I may be a little norvous. Though I think I would enjoy being reconized and all. I don't know what else really to say. What do you all think?

Mrs Redboots
04-23-2010, 05:30 AM
I don't think I would care for it at all - to be top of the world at 18 or so? What do you do with the rest of your life?

GoSveta
04-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Baiul didn't seem to handle it all that well.

Tara, Michelle, and Sasha seem to all handle it quite well.

Depends on the person.

Rachell Flatt would be about as popular as Sarah Hughes, I'd reckon...

Sessy
04-26-2010, 06:23 AM
How would you ever know people want to be friends or lovers with you because of your personality, and not because of how famous you are? Also, a top sports career practically guarantees a lifetime of pain from chronic overuse injuries afterwards. Not to mention - childhood, what childhood?

jazzpants
04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't think I would care for it at all - to be top of the world at 18 or so? What do you do with the rest of your life?
Something else! :halo:

Seriously, I don't know. It would depend on the person. Some people just end up becoming celebrities b/c of their skating. Others go back to college and becomes doctors and US ambassador. Still others decide to share their "skating gifts" with the world and become a coach. Ann Patrice M. comes to mind, though I don't know if she's still coaching. I think also Tim Goebel was doing some part time coaching too while finishing college? (Which I understand will be VERY soon! He's studying... Math, I believe!)

And some of course, don't handling it well and are stuck in their own private hell.

NoVa Sk8r
04-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Ann Patrice M. comes to mind, though I don't know if she's still coaching. I think also Tim Goebel was doing some part time coaching too while finishing college? (Which I understand will be VERY soon! He's studying... Math, I believe!)AP is currently on a cruise ship performing as a principal skater (I did some pairs skating with her!).
Tim G was and is still coaching part-time as he finishes his math degree (he wants to work in finance).