View Full Version : Question about USFSA Adult Silver Free test requirement

coconut
04-16-2010, 07:12 PM
I am my coach's first adult student testing silver free skate. There are some rules we are not sure about. I hope someone can help to clarify.

First is about the required jump sequence. I know half loop is a valid jump for connecting two jumps. But is there anything else besides half loop?

A while ago I read from this forum about waltz jump having zero points in higher levels. But for adult silver, can I do 'waltz jump - half loop - flip' as a sequence? Does waltz jump count as a jump in this case?

Another question is about the combination spin. The rule book says that one change of position is required and change of foot is optional. So I assume this means that sit-change-sit is not a combo spin. Am I right?

Thank you very much for the answers.

IceSk8r725
04-16-2010, 09:47 PM
I have another question about the silver freeskate test... for the sit spin/layback spin.... would a back sit be acceptable? My forward sit is iffy and my layback is non-existent...

phoenix
04-16-2010, 09:54 PM
I can answer that sit-change-sit would not work for this requirement. Camel/sit would work.

Morgail
04-16-2010, 10:47 PM
About the jump sequence, I think the rule allows half or single jumps (as opposed to the jump combo, which requires single jumps). I did a half toe walley-toe loop for the sequence in my Silver test program, and passed. So your waltz-half loop-flip should be fine.

Sit-change-sit wouldn't work because it doesn't have a change of position. I can't remember which spin I did...probably camel-sit.

coconut
04-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Thank you for the answers. Now I can decide on what to do in my program.

I am curious about IceSk8er725's question too. Does anyone know the answer for that?

RachelSk8er
04-17-2010, 10:59 AM
I would *think* that if it just says "sit spin" without specifying, a back sit would be acceptable. A back sit is a sit spin. I'd check with a judge in your area who does a lot of tests to be sure.

rlichtefeld
04-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Also, a sit spin/upright spin (with enough revolutions) will pass the test as a combination spin.

Rob

coconut
04-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Also, a sit spin/upright spin (with enough revolutions) will pass the test as a combination spin.

Thank you for the information!! This is a big relief for me. :)