View Full Version : RIP Bill Klingbeil

dbny
04-13-2010, 02:35 PM
I saw in Skating today that Bill Klingbeil has died. I called the shop and found out that it was in February. For any of you who knew him or even went to the shop for your boots after he retired, it's not too late to send condolences. I was fortunate enough to have my first pair fitted by Bill, as well as my DD's and DH's. He is missed, but I'm very grateful to his family for keeping the business going, and it is a tribute to Bill as a father that they have done so.

Debbie S
04-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Oh, no! My condolences go out to his family. He fitted me for my skates (Dec 05). His son (Don?) is the one I've seen at their booth at Nats and Liberty. I'm glad they're keeping the business going. They make great skates.

Isk8NYC
04-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Mr. Klingbeil had been ill for quite some time. May he rest in peace. Bill Klingbeil is survived by his wife, son (Don), and daughter (Janice), and several grandchildren. Don and Janice have carried on the business he founded quite admirably.

Prayers and hugs for the Klingbeil family who've had more than their share of losses over the past few years.