View Full Version : Oberstdorf...Who's going

starskate6.0
04-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Oberstdorf .. Who's is going and from what country:?:

Mrs Redboots
04-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Not this year, as Husband reckons we don't skate well enough (he is right about us-as-a-couple, but he would be well competitive in Bronze Men whatever-number-the-oldest-age-group-is-these-days). But we'll be at the Mountain Cup as usual.

rlichtefeld
04-05-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm going. My first time.

Was trying to find hotel/zimmer over the weekend. I'm thinking between the pedestrian area and the rink may be convenient. Or, is there a reason to stay in the pedestrian area?

BTW, I entered Silver Men III, and I'm from USA.

Rob

starskate6.0
04-05-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm going. My first time.

Was trying to find hotel/zimmer over the weekend. I'm thinking between the pedestrian area and the rink may be convenient. Or, is there a reason to stay in the pedestrian area?

BTW, I entered Silver Men III, and I'm from USA.

RobOnly if you want to listen to the cow bells at 5 am..:lol:
Its something to see. If you need some more info on places to stay there is a lot of stuff on line. From a family hause as low as 28 Eu to a 5 star hotel which can be Much more , but in general Oberstdorf can be very Cheap. but you will have to take a look. For Example I stay at the same place every year for about 35 Euro, includes my own room with balcony, bath or shower , service every day, and breakfast. Good Luck.. see you there.

rlichtefeld
04-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Only if you want to listen to the cow bells at 5 am..:lol:
Its something to see. If you need some more info on places to stay there is a lot of stuff on line. From a family hause as low as 28 Eu to a 5 star hotel which can be Much more , but in general Oberstdorf can be very Cheap. but you will have to take a look. For Example I stay at the same place every year for about 35 Euro, includes my own room with balcony, bath or shower , service every day, and breakfast. Good Luck.. see you there.

Care to share where you stay when there?

I was looking at the Rubihaus Hotel Garni which is on the Nebelhornstrasse halfway between the rink and the pedestrian area. I'd like at least a 3 star with a shower and breakfast. Don't care if it's small or large operation.

Thanks.

Rob

flo
04-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Rob,
We went through this agency. Lots of options and very helpful. We will be at 402 Schelmenhag 13.

www.oberstdorf-edelweiss.de

I'll be there for adult pairs and interpretive. There are 5 in our group including our coach.

starskate6.0
04-08-2010, 01:37 PM
See PM Ive sent you the information there and some other info . Fideliushaus My place with the balcony is about 37:50 EU ,I like it but check into Flo's Idea too , You may find a 1 bedroom apartment for as low as 40 Euro you can then cook for yourself at night.

rlichtefeld
04-09-2010, 10:39 AM
See PM Ive sent you the information there and some other info . Fideliushaus My place with the balcony is about 37:50 EU ,I like it but check into Flo's Idea too , You may find a 1 bedroom apartment for as low as 40 Euro you can then cook for yourself at night.

Thanks for the info!

Since this is vacation, we won't be doing much cooking. At least that is what I was told when I mentioned an apartment to the spousal unit!

Although looking at the Fideliushaus, it appears that even if you are staying in the apartments, you can do their breakfast buffet.

It looks like the Silver Men and Gold Men will be sharing the same 5min warmup. I hope that it is that, and not that we are skating against each other. I didn't like how that turned out last time!! At least I hope I don't skate right after you.

Rob

starskate6.0
04-14-2010, 01:42 PM
You Obviously haven't seen me skate as of late. :lol: Im injured AGAIN :roll:
Pulled a ham string in the left leg , got bruse the size of a baseball and have not skated for about a week. Got back on the ice today and just did singles and no spins . I should be OK by Oberstdorf. Don't worry about the competition . Last time I was there the other skater didn't show up and I was on my own , I did not do so well Im hoping for an improvement this year with better footwork and faster speed. .
Not uncommon to warm up together but that"s no big deal and its tough being out there by yourself anyway. Much more fun to skate with friends. :) Plenty to do in Oberstdorf and the other small towns around the area . Don't forget to be a tourist, its such a waist to go to such a beautiful place just to skate.
REMEMBER: Many of the dinner places close early about 8 or 9 pm. A couple near the rink stay open longer if they have a crowd of us around and we are drinking beer:mrgreen::yum::yum:.