View Full Version : I need new music :(

Kim to the Max
04-02-2010, 06:14 PM
So, I need new music for an intermediate test program. I have been looking forever, but I just can't find anything that I absolutely love. I have found okay music that would work, but I want something that I LOVE.

The music for my Juvenile program was "An American Symphony" from Mr. Holland's Opus and I would prefer not to reuse that. I am looking for something that is upbeat but that has some drama in it. I don't want something that is overly dark or that is overused or that is way too fast.

Does any one have any suggestions?

drskater
04-02-2010, 09:35 PM
This may be worth checking out: "Luna di Miele," by Rondo Veneziano. It meets all your criteria and it seems like it would be an easy edit. The song is pop classical (from the 80s?) and is quite pretty. It's unique but not revolutionary--I've only seen a skater perform to it once.

Are there some other attributes you're looking for? Are there some genres you love and others you hate (I cannot abide country, for instance)?

ibreakhearts66
04-03-2010, 02:08 AM
I believe I have a version of "Victory" from Lord of the Dance cut to an Intermediate free length, but it might be faster than you'd like, though, so I don't know.

Ratatouille has some great stuff on it, but I don't know if that's too young for you.

I personally love Mahoney's Debut (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0FtXHNwsuA) from Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, and if you'd be interested in that, I SHOULD have a version cut for a Novice Short (2:30) somewhere. But if I don't, I think it's a pretty easy cut.

Or, what about the End Title Overture from The Greatest Game Ever Played? Not sure if that's particularly upbeat...

Finally, Riders on the Storm from "The Doors Concerto: Riders on the Storm" It's a long piece with lots of interesting bits to it.

I don't know if any of those are even close to the type of thing you're interested in, but if you can give even a bit more detail, I might be able to help. I'm always listening to skating music and have helped my coach pick quite a few pieces for other skaters, so I have lots of music ideas stored either on my computer or in my brain. And lately, I've been getting quite a few compliments for always picking unknown music for my own programs ;)

RachelSk8er
04-05-2010, 06:43 PM
How about Carmen? Or Romeo & Juliet? I think West Side Story is good for skating, too, and if that doesn't work there is always Bond, they have plenty of music I'm sure would be great.

(TOTALLY KIDDING.)

In all seriousness, I've been into Vitamin String Quartet music. Some of it is great, a lot of people are using their stuff in general, and I can always pick it out when someone does. But I don't think certain actual pieces are to the point of being overused at all, most popular from what I've seen, particularly from adults, is their rendition of Stairway to Heaven. But there is so much to choose from (pick an artist you like, they've probably done a tribute). I think they're also doing piano versions of the same concept. You can browse through them on iTunes, that's how I found my FS music for this year.