View Full Version : Transfering Photo Snapshots to DVD.

FSWer
03-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to do? Has anyone here ever done it?...and if so,does anyone know how to get the cheapest price to do it? Music included. Thanks.

Mrs Redboots
03-26-2010, 06:16 AM
Definitely possible to do - your computer probably has the software already installed on it. Otherwise just google.

FSWer
03-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Definitely possible to do - your computer probably has the software already installed on it. Otherwise just google.

What about adding music?...and how would you get it on DVD. from a computer?

iSk8Dance
03-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Not entirely clear what you mean.

Photos are just files - and can easily be transferred to a DVD for storage.

You're asking about music, so I guess you're talking about a slideshow - which can mean several things. At a simple level, it could just be a powerpoint with some music to go with the images. That's still just a file that will play on another computer from a DVD.

Since you mention DVD I could guess that you mean to play it through a DVD player like a film, i.e. not using a computer.

Adobe Photoshop also creates a 'slideshow' with music. I've never tried that, but I guess some modern DVD players might play those without a computer. I've also stumbed across other free slideshow software but never used it. Perhaps some other expert could advise if you could clarify what you want to do.

FSWer
03-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Not entirely clear what you mean.

Photos are just files - and can easily be transferred to a DVD for storage.

You're asking about music, so I guess you're talking about a slideshow - which can mean several things. At a simple level, it could just be a powerpoint with some music to go with the images. That's still just a file that will play on another computer from a DVD.

Since you mention DVD I could guess that you mean to play it through a DVD player like a film, i.e. not using a computer.

Adobe Photoshop also creates a 'slideshow' with music. I've never tried that, but I guess some modern DVD players might play those without a computer. I've also stumbed across other free slideshow software but never used it. Perhaps some other expert could advise if you could clarify what you want to do.

If you take pics of someone skating with a reg. camera. Can you put the pics on DVD....and add music?

Skittl1321
03-26-2010, 09:01 PM
FSWer- I could probably add photos/music to a DVD with a lot of work on my computer with special programs, and also a DVD burner on my computer.

However, without specialized equipment, I think your best bet is to call a photo processing place (Walmart, the grocery store) and ask them if they can do it. I bet it isn't that expensive.

FSWer
03-26-2010, 09:11 PM
FSWer- I could probably add photos/music to a DVD with a lot of work on my computer with special programs, and also a DVD burner on my computer.

However, without specialized equipment, I think your best bet is to call a photo processing place (Walmart, the grocery store) and ask them if they can do it. I bet it isn't that expensive.

About how much with tax are we looking at Jessi? Also how is it done? How long does it take to do and do the charge by each pic. or a roll?

Skittl1321
03-26-2010, 09:40 PM
I have no idea. You'd have to call some places and ask.

Like another poster said- perhaps you could try some google searches to see if anyone in your area offers the service.

Here is a place online where you can do it, but your computer would still need a dvd burner to put it onto dvd. (Only one of my computers has one- the other just has a cd burner) http://www.smilebox.com

Here is a place that will charge to do it. It looks like it could be a bit expensive though. http://www.slideshow-dvd.com/

iSk8Dance
03-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Still think something is being lost in translation - or maybe I'm just being a bit stupid.

Pictures and music can be combined - you can do it in powerpoint or some other presentation type software (e.g. OpenOffice). That gives a specific type of file. You can write that to any media, like a CD, a DVD or BluRay even, given the appropriate hardware - which usually comes with the software to burn it to the media. That's still just a copy of the file which you can then 'play' on another computer which has the software to play it back. Most computers nowadays seem to come with CD/DVD burners. You can even record what happens on your computer screen with audio as some form of 'movie', e.g QuickTime, flv, or other format.

People talk about a 'DVD' as if it's a movie or something recorded on a camcorder. Yes, that can be produced with appropriate software - but it's slightly more complicated.