View Full Version : Early Morning Sessions - Boston Area

Kim to the Max
03-17-2010, 07:37 AM
I am visiting Boston from Friday until Wednesday of next week for a work conference and my club's ice show is next week Saturday/Sunday. I am staying at the Marriott-Copley Place and was wondering if there is a rink close to there that has some early morning sessions. I'm debating if I want to bring my skates and try to get at least an hour practice in so that I'm not entirely useless on Thursday when I get back... I am driving there from Syracuse so transportation isn't a problem.

Thanks!!! :)

Stormy
03-17-2010, 11:09 AM
The Skating Club of Boston would be the closest. Here's their schedule: http://www.scboston.org/docs/SCOB%20-%20ICE%20COMM%20-%202010%20-%20Schedule.pdf

They're about 10 minutes away with no traffic.

If you'll be in Boston from Friday-Wednesday, Colonial FSC has two adults only sessions on Saturday afternoon. http://www.colonialfsc.com/forms/SPRING%202010%20Ice%20Schedule.pdf They're awesome sessions to skate on because they're never crowded. If you're interested in one of those, I'll make sure to come. :) Colonial is probably a half hour or so from Boston.

Kim to the Max
03-18-2010, 08:31 AM
thank you, Stormy!!!

I'm thinking that the Saturday ice sounds amazing, I just need to check with the person I'm staying with because we were going to go do some sight seeing/exploring either Saturday/Sunday, so I just want to see what the plan is :) I will let you know later today!!

Kim to the Max
03-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey, looks like I won't be able to make it tomorrow :( My friend actually has some free time so we are going to hang out tomorrow...we are going to venture out and explore Boston a bit and probably go out to Cambridge too :)

Stormy
03-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Hey, looks like I won't be able to make it tomorrow :( My friend actually has some free time so we are going to hang out tomorrow...we are going to venture out and explore Boston a bit and probably go out to Cambridge too :)

That's cool, it's going to be gorgeous out today so enjoy the weather. :D

icedancer2
03-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Have a great time - LOVE Cambridge - lived there for 11 years and still miss it!