View Full Version : Apartments in Obersdorf

flo
03-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for the apartments in Oberstorf? There will be 4 or 5 of us.
Thanks!

flutzilla1
03-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi Flo!

I used this service for last year -- they were recommended by a friend of mine from Australia and I had a great experience with them:

http://www.blattner-fewo.de/eng/Default.htm

Have fun in Oberstdorf!

Mrs Redboots
03-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Are you coming on to the Mountain Cup afterwards? I DO HOPE SO! Both of you, but I did see you last year, Flutzilla, and I haven't seen Flo for several years.....

We're not going to Oberstdorf this year, just to the MC. As we aren't good enough to compete at Oberstdorf, we don't go every year, as it eats up holiday and we'd rather tour!

iSk8Dance
03-20-2010, 04:57 PM
No direct experience in Oberstdorf, but google for Fewo or Ferienwohnung (holiday apartment).

I've had other apartments in German cities, southern Germany, Austria and northern Italy and they've always been fine. Can be a bit of fun transferring funds for a deposit (oh how those banks love to charge). Check dates for any local religious holidays (shops can be closed).

Sometimes worthwhile checking for the chosen apartment on other websites - can be cheaper. May be possible to book with owner directly - if you can find them. Often prefer to deal in cash - apart from the tax reasons it's just in the European nature.

flo
03-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks! I'll look into it.

starskate6.0
04-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Hey Flo

Long time no chat. Oberstdorf ... Aahh:halo: If I had my way Id be living there tomorrow, however, Ill see you there. Yes Im going , could not do Nationals this year or last due to constant injuries and loss of job etc. But I got lucky enough to find a way to go back to the most beautiful ice on Earth and in my opinion the best Adult competition. :bow:

As for a place for a group , Im afraid I can't help you there but I have seen groups of people in very nice apartments for the week. If you get one on the main street just be warned that you will have to listen to the cow bells every morning at 6am when the locals take the cows up to the higher pastures . :lol:

You can get a good deal there . I normally don't pay more than about 35 EU at best for a room and breakfast by myself. 5 minutes walk to the rink.

flo
04-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks - I've made our reservations. Looking forward to seeing everyone!