View Full Version : Graf Skates

fsk8r
03-14-2010, 05:32 AM
I'm about to get new boots, and am thinking of switching to Graf Edmonton Specials from Jackson Elite Plus. Only trouble is that while my Pro Shop can order the Grafs he doesn't normally stock them, so I'm not going to properly try them on until I've nearly bought them (I'm sure if they're a really bad fit that I won't have to buy them). I've sorted out the length issues as I've been trying on friends boots who have other Grafs.
I've got a question about width. I currently wear a 9B in Jacksons what's the equivalent width fitting on Grafs. Do they come up narrow as they are small sizing wise?
And what problems arise if skates are too wide?
I've been trying on the size 8L and there's enough fit around the heels that I'm not slipping there and not too narrow, but I was wondering if I could go down a width fitting. I've narrow heels relative to the front of my feet and my current boots have died as the padding around the heels has compacted too much.
Sorry, this is a bit waffly, but I can't work out how to concisely say what I'm trying to ask.

pairman2
03-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Let the Graf boot pro's handle the questions. Every boot brand is different and what works for a Jackson may not work for Graf. I bought my first (and second) pair of Grafs on line and the first time the company asked me to make a foot tracing and fax it to them and they handled the sizing from there. I've needed a punch out w each pair but aside from that, the sizing went well.

fsk8r
03-15-2010, 03:11 AM
Let the Graf boot pro's handle the questions. Every boot brand is different and what works for a Jackson may not work for Graf. I bought my first (and second) pair of Grafs on line and the first time the company asked me to make a foot tracing and fax it to them and they handled the sizing from there. I've needed a punch out w each pair but aside from that, the sizing went well.

Unfortunately proshops in the UK don't have high end boots in stock (actually pretty much any freestyle boot has to be ordered in) and my one doesn't normally sell Grafs so will order them in specially for me .
I'm trying to understand how the width fittings between the two brands work so I can try not to end up with a boot which is too wide or too narrow.
I would love to be able to walk into a proshop which has lots of boots in stock or easily able to obtain them but I'd have to pay for the flight to North America to do that.

jp1andOnly
03-15-2010, 01:10 PM
call graf...they will be able to help you more then we will. I'm sure they will want a foot tracing and then they will know exactly what you need to order...