View Full Version : Do any of you guys have skating nightmares?

stepherroo444
02-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Like I have nightmares where I miss skating and I am like bawling my eyes out in my dream, I had one where me and my little brother were talking to a lady in a clock store in a city like a half hour away, and I looked at the clock and it was 12:13 and I had skating at 12:30, and we ran out of the store and my dad drove by in our truck laughing at me =( or like dreams about missing competitions/not being ready? Or like putting on your skates and when you go on the ice they keep coming undone and you miss the whole skating? Stuff like that?

Do you have these nightmares about like putting on your skates and when you go on the ice they keep coming undone and you miss the whole skating? Stuff like that? or am I just completely scared of missing skating. I always bawl in my dreams thinking about it, and it makes me spaz about being on time to skating in real life! :??

FSWer
02-26-2010, 07:48 PM
I haven't really had...nightmares. Not yet away. But I DO sometimes fear giving up Skating. I myself surely hope it never happens. But also in response I must say that if ANY of you EVER feel you need to get something out. Or just need someone to talk to. Or even if you just have a nightmare or anything. Please feel free to share it. Will be glad to help you.

dbny
02-26-2010, 10:39 PM
I just recently dreamed that I was skating when I realized that there was no ice, but the surface was stones and mud. That dream quickly deteriorated into other, worse scenarios.

Mrs Redboots
02-27-2010, 10:27 AM
I find the ice deteriorates into water - my dreams find it hard to differentiate between skating and swimming.

Isk8NYC
02-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I never have a skating nightmare, only good dreams.

katz in boots
02-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Nightmares?? You betcha!

an enormous hole in the ice - and there's another rink on the floor below that.

the surface isn't entirely covered by ice - there are patches which are just concrete, or a very light layer of ice over concrete.

the ice surface is tiny - no wait, that is reality!

sk8tmum
02-27-2010, 08:17 PM
If a skating parent can contribute ... I certainly do ... I sometimes replay the fall on a 2LZ that caused the serious TBI that took my son off the ice last year for a month ... it still haunts me in my sleep and every time he sets up for that jump, and the night of the anniversary of the fall, I woke up in a cold sweat more than once.

Not that he'd notice of course, the last thing a kid needs is a freaked-out parent! Thank God for coverup and concealer for dark circles.

Layne
02-28-2010, 09:29 AM
I always skate much better in dreams than real life. I can't remember the last time I had a bad dream.

FSWer
02-28-2010, 06:24 PM
I always find myself being able to skate better in my imagination then in real life. For ex. while I'm sleeping but haven't actually drifted to a Dream yet.

MQSeries
02-28-2010, 06:35 PM
No nightmares, but I love it whenever I'm skating in my dreams, and I remember the dreams in the morning :) In my dreams my skating is always superb, of course.

Rusty Blades
03-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Only once! Skating my program at Nationals and "feeling a draft". Came off the ice to find my costume split wide open and too much of me on display! 8O

NOT nice!

coskater64
03-03-2010, 07:50 PM
For almost a year I had a constant skating nightmare. I would go into a huge flying camel hit my heel or toe and snap the neck of my femur I would fly backward/forward cracking my skull as my femoral neck broke ripping my femoral artery, my leg would fill with blood and I would bleed out...I would always wake up screaming. (this is what you get when you have multiple hip surgeries) I told my doctor this dream, he told me it was accurate.8O8O

For those at mids, look for my opening spin!!:twisted:

miraclegro
03-04-2010, 06:39 PM
No, but i have nightmares about our rink! (i.e., how bad it is run, how awful the skating moms are, how dreadful the ice is (a lot)). ha ha....

Yeah, TRUE, hubby had to wake me up cuz i was screaming "FIRE FIRE! 1122 Glenfield Drive"

I'm losing it!

jwrnsktr
03-09-2010, 09:19 PM
OK, I go to both extremes. If I have one of those moments when trying to fall asleep where you suddenly awake with a jerk, it's because I've fallen backwards while skating, onto my head. If I am dreaming about skating, I am usually skating much better than I do when I'm awake!

Missed you today at Coffee Club Laura!!!!! I love it!

montanarose
03-14-2010, 04:42 PM
No skating nightmares, only skating dreams of the wish-fulfillment variety. Since breaking my wrist in 2005 and my ankle in 2006, and undergoing my father's death and husband's illness, I have had to give up skating for all practical purposes. The last thing we need now is for me to break another bone, especially, God forbid, a hip!

But in my dreams the ice is always smooth; I can do crossovers and 3-turns gracefully and at speed, and I fly across the ice as I never did in real life. Oh, I do miss it so!

Kim to the Max
03-14-2010, 08:33 PM
I had one the other night...((after failing Junior moves for the 3rd time))

I was in jail chained in a cell and there were others in there with me and we were all chained. Everyone else started being released, but they refused to let me out...it was horrible...

Isk8NYC
03-14-2010, 09:20 PM
((((KIM)))) So sorry.

Last night, I dreamt that Lysacek became a hockey player. 8O

Kim to the Max
03-14-2010, 09:41 PM
((((KIM)))) So sorry.

Thanks.....luckily, that one was an easy one to figure out!

Isk8NYC
03-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Missed you today at Coffee Club!!!!! I love it!I thought you had to work this week, aw, sorry I missed it. I have a conference call this Tuesday, so I won't be there. Have fun!

Mainemom
03-15-2010, 09:08 AM
I just had one last night! Our synchro team was on a bus going to participate in a big show and the road was closed so we had to sit and sit and sit for what seemed like hours. Finally, we're allowed to go forward again and I realized I had forgotten my dress. I didn't know whether to say something or not so I turned to my DD (who is on the team with me) and told her about it. Her response was "well, I guess you're skating naked, then, mom!" Not a pretty picture, let me tell you!

sk8joyful
03-15-2010, 02:27 PM
skating-Nightmares?
Never!!

I enjoy the most wonderful :D dreams, in which I do amazing things, like one-hand Star-lifts LOL.
I see myself smiling broadly & having the time of my life up there!, for real. I live for my Skating-dreams..., &
actually I have awakened finding my legs & arms in positions needed to execute some move, so my mind is already geared-UP, lol
and
one day a coach told me: Annie, if you can dream it, you can become it! :)", what a thought, eh!

However, sometimes before even leaving for practice, I will get day-jitters, of falling. Fortunately, I've trained myself to change with
"Stop being ridiculous; you'll enjoy another wonderful FUN-practice today" - and inevitably I do :D

Mrs Redboots
03-17-2010, 12:59 PM
I had the most appalling nightmare the other day - I was competing at one of the regular competitions, and for some reason we hadn't altered our free dance to fit with NISA's requirements (I do wish the ISU would issue guidelines for Bronze free dances and pre-Bronze compulsories, they differ from country to country), and were going to have to wing it, and the compulsory dances turned out to be ones we'd never heard of.... that sort of nightmare.

Then a couple of nights later I had another anxiety dream about another area of my life - wonder what has set me going, as two anxiety dreams in one week are very unlike me!

drskater
03-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Mrs. Redboots! It's strange but I too dream of skating in conjunction with water. There's a certain logic to it, but I love skating and hate swimming (except in the context of a tropical beach--then I like to swim very much). These dreams aren't nightmares but ice and rushing water scenes always go together for me too.

When I'm falling asleep, I'll have those "dreamlets" where I'm skating and suddenly my legs are flying out from under me, at the precise moment when my leg kicks out in real life. Husband (or dog) end up kick-boxed, poor things.

doubletoe
03-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Yes, I have skating nightmares. They're called "competitions"!:lol:

FSWer
03-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Yes, I have skating nightmares. They're called "competitions"!:lol:

LOL,very cute Double...ver-ry cute. I like...you Double. LOL.

FREESK8ER
03-30-2010, 10:39 PM
I have had a dream of doing a double but it is in slow motion....???

londonicechamp
04-10-2010, 09:17 AM
well, I have had dreams of doing ice skating, at least like some sort of competition.

londonicechamp