View Full Version : Have you ever skated in front of a big crowd of people yourself as a skater?

FSWer
02-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Say,seeing the Oympic Figure Skating at the Perciffic Colisseum on TV. promted me to start this thread. So the question I have to ask you all today is..have you ever skated in front of that big a crowd of people yourself as a Skater? If so,please include what Competition it was,and what your time there was like.

Clarice
02-24-2010, 08:20 PM
No, I never have, but my daughter has. It was a show, not a competition. Our symphony orchestra gives a big concert at Christmas time, and includes skating. She was in the show for about 10 years. The audience ranged from about 7000 to 9000 people. It was always her favorite thing to do every year.

celticprincess
02-28-2010, 08:57 PM
I just did on Friday, though it was leading and helping mini level 1 skaters in an ehibition. It was fun though:-) I've also competed several times and participated in club shows...I personally love it. Thats why my specialty is showcase and artistic skating because I love entertaining and 'showing' off to a crowd.

Rusty Blades
03-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Not a "big" crowd, just a few hundred at (Canadian) Adult Nationals. I don't mind the people, I don't even mind the panel of judges - what makes me nervous is the TV cameras 8O

starskate6.0
03-02-2010, 05:04 PM
6 years with Disney on Ice 8 shows a week or more. Thousands of people. However, My Favorite was the one and only show we ever did in Radio City Music Hall. The ice was extended on the stage and it was tight be after 3 weeks we did it . Iv skated with crowds of 10,000 or more but I still remember Radio City Music hall, about 3000 people but it was a life time thrill for me... :D

FSWer
03-02-2010, 06:23 PM
6 years with Disney on Ice 8 shows a week or more. Thousands of people. However, My Favorite was the one and only show we ever did in Radio City Music Hall. The ice was extended on the stage and it was tight be after 3 weeks we did it . Iv skated with crowds of 10,000 or more but I still remember Radio City Music hall, about 3000 people but it was a life time thrill for me... :D

Say,perhaps you can help me. But do you happen to know were I can find Figure Skating Competitions/Shows listed for Connecticut in the Hartford area? As far as for whenever they come up. If you could please tell me how to get the least expensive price enough were I could sit so skaters aren't ants,I would really appreciate it. Thanks.